Forum users dust collectors and shop vacs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrianD":3uclq2e3 said:
Started with broom.

Bought myself a "cyclone-type" vacuum cleaner - cheap and nasty.

Then I bought a small Clearvue cyclone and coupled my 32mm and 50mm hose. Wow
Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

Same here, only I built the cyclone. Very good separation, but I still get some dust on the bag protecting the pleated filter. My vac is a Makita, and there's a filter bag that goes in the bin before the filter and top goes in.

Do you get ANYTHING going through?

Hi all,
SIP extractor (second one as the first burnt out) replaced free of charge
two earlex combi vacs which are indispensable and unbreakable.

Lyndhurst 2hp extractor.

One day I'll get around to upgrading the extractor to use a cartridge filter and bags.

2 x scrap dyson dc1 vacumes I use as shop vacs.

Ed

Record DX 4000,
Rexon de 1000,
Dewalt dc 500
Marcrist mini cyclone red thingy with auto take off and waste bag on bottom!!!

jon.

I also have a RECORD RSDE 1 which i have rigged up to a 40mm main that goes round my workshop.so i can take of from different points.

For power tools and general cleaning I have just got a Fein QA55E which replaced my previous machine, a Vax 2000.

My larger machines etc are catered for with an old "Nonfumo" (apparently British made, I guess 20+ years ago) extractor, with the original top bag replaced by Axminster's 1-micron filter option (advertised for their ADE2200).

Fercel extractor, Alto attix vac with the filter cleaning button (it works!) and a 2 motor Numatic workshop vac with a big bin and big plastic coated felt filter.

Record RSDE2 (gets very hot)

Festool Midi (the best thing since sliced bread)

Henry hoover

I use a cheap Lidl Vac (similar to the Earlex one - but with tool power take off) and a Dust Deputy (Cyclone) on the front end.

I have used it for 3 weeks now on the router and CS, and still no dust in the Vac filter.

Best £190 I spent.

Non branded twin motor wxtractor which is exactly the same as a Record RX 5000. Bought used with a single motor model as a paid for and unbelievable £60. :D

Scheppach HA2600 with the fancy filter cartridge that sits by a tablesaw, and switches over to a router table when neededAxminster ADE100 ( very good for RAS work) and a horrible noisy messy Record bucket tub thing that its hard not to be annoyed by

Hello all,

record DX4000 twin motor, powerful
Electra Beckam extractor piped up to all machines with 4 inch soil pipe
old vax still works
shop van from B&Q cheap but works fine and connected to that-
Dust Deputy cyclone- its the bees knees
microclene above ther lathes
and not fogetting the dust pan and brush

GT

Today I drove all the way down to Dorchester (Dorset) to pick up an Axminster ADE1200, primarily for use with my planer-thicknesser (it seems it'll also work well with my bandsaw - and will be a damn sight quieter!). It has a good airflow of 1200m3/h.

I've been struggling with a Perform CCDE5002 which, although is compact as a space-saving wall-mounted extractor; with an airflow of 500m3/h, it isn't up to the job of effectively clearing a 10" wide planer-thicknesser (well, it is effective on the planer only).

If I haven't mentioned so earlier, I also own a Record Power RSDE2-A. It's the updated auto-switching model; excellent for power tools and small bandsaws, etc. Very noisy (like a vacuum) but it does a good job at sucking up MDF dust with the 0.5micron fine filter bag accessory.

Trend T30AF
Bought after many good comments on this forum. Excellent. Not too loud, not too heavy.
Could maybe do with a shorter pipe in my small workshop! :)

Back