Forum users dust collectors and shop vacs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Record DX4000 with secondary chamber (modified dustbin to be honest !)
Record DX1500 on home made mobile stand
Microclene
Several cheap vacs hooked up to sanding station, mitre saw etc.

Still dust and shavings everywhere :shock: :lol:

Shop vac - Numatic NVQ 370

*B&D Leaf Blower :D

Andy
* Only kidding but I did read a post somewhere from a chap that opened the door at each end of his workshop then used the leaf blower!

Andy

Hi all,
I have a Rexon DE-1000A dust extractor for the table saw, and I use a Henry vac (from Axminster) now called a Numatic NVQ250 for sucking off the blade guard, and smaller power tools. I have had that for a number of years now, and it still works ok.
Cheers. Trev.

Record DX 4000 although i am in the market for a big one to handle most of the shop. Little Henry vaccum for general cleaning and routing. Just updated with a twin bag extractor of around half horse. Moves a lot of waste and will handle small shop ducting thanks to Mel and Paul.

Charnwood (cheap and cheerful) wall mounted chip collector added to Garage Workshop setup to help with bandsaw and thicknesser waste control. Not perfect but removes about 85% of the chore factor.

Charnwood W690 floor chip collector and a cheap vac from Lidl's (£29.99) with power take off, a little bit noisey but it does the job very well

Earlex shop vac - looking round at chip collectors now I've got a planer/thicknesser to make some :)

Andrew

Record rsde 1( T/S and P/T )
Trend AF ( portable power tools)
parkside wet'n' dry ( router table )
Annobium's diy air filter ( workshop )
cylinder hoover ( B/S )

All APTC ADE 1200 (old model) - P/T
WV 100 - saw bench
WV100 - band saw, disc sander and power tools
MTM air filter - ambient

Trend Airshield

Rexon DE-1000a (screwfix) hooked up to axminster dustbin lid extender, for table saw and router table.
Henry for circular saw and mitre saw etc. and floor tidying.

Oh and a 6" kitchen extractor near the door so i can find my way out after cutting sheets of mdf!!! :x Henry cant cope with skillsaw at all!

A while ago I chimed in with my Trend T30 AF. Since then I've got a Metabo HC260 P/T and not having money/space for a large extractor, bought the larger hose (58mm, I think?) for the Trend and hooked it up to the P/T.

The results are surprisingly good, much better than I'd hoped. In planing mode it catches almost all of the chippings. In thicknessing, not quite as much, but at least 75%, I think. It just fills up rather quickly :)

Anyway, it's certainly an option if anyone is in a similar situation.

Record Power RSDE2

Good points: Sucks like mad.... loads of airflow.

Bad points: Top heavy with a tendency to topple over, noisy, filter falls off when you move it around (and the flimsy plastic top starts to melt when the little airflow diverter in my sander switched itself the wrong way and cut off the air flow through the vac)

I recently bought an RSDE2 as well and I think it's great. It is a little top-heavy, but that's not really a problem. Not sure why the top is coming off yours, Fecn, mine has a strong toggle clamp steel band around the lid to hold it on - it would take a grenade to get it off! :)

Vormulac":qhpuifjl said:
I Not sure why the top is coming off yours, Fecn, mine has a strong toggle clamp steel band around the lid to hold it on - it would take a grenade to get it off! :)

It's not that the top comes off.. as you say, that has a band to hold it in place. My problem is that the filter inside just push-fits over a piece of foam. When I move the vac around (over a rough concrete floor), the filter vibrates it's way off and falls to the bottom of the barrel, and then the vac spews dust around the workshop.

Fecn

Fecn":37gckj8d said:
It's not that the top comes off.. as you say, that has a band to hold it in place. My problem is that the filter inside just push-fits over a piece of foam. When I move the vac around (over a rough concrete floor), the filter vibrates it's way off and falls to the bottom of the barrel, and then the vac spews dust around the workshop.

Fecn

Urk! Not so good! I shall consider myself forewarned to this possibility and endevour to check that the filter is securely in place after dragging it over the floor.

Latest posts

Back