Forum users dust collectors and shop vacs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosch (blue pro line) GAS 50 M

Like the shopvac very much, high airflow with incredable amount of pressure (225 mbar, you can actually lift rather heavy things with it)

The only downside is its size, it tends to get in the way sometimes. Since my shop (at the moment) is very tiny I thought of swapping it for the compact festool.

I do not have an extractor yet, also little need for it at the moment. No tablesaw, no jointer, no thicknesser. Only (lots of) handtools, router, circular saw and a lathe.

Felder AF22

mobile 3 phase extractor (make Unknown)

Record drum type for router table

Dce unimaster G5 fine dust extractor for sanding machines

Festool CT MINI for power tools

jon

Charwood W691 2hp dust extractor
also Charnwood workshop air filter on ceiling
and a small green drum vac for power tools

I have an Earlex Combi which is connected to a Triton Dust Collector, its great because it saves the filter from clogging up, just need to clean the filter in the triton dust collector lid.

Carl

Biggest Hercules wet-dry vacuum available in Bauhaus for hand power tools with fine filter. Slave switch and stainless steel body are nice features, but the filter clogs up very fast with dust and weakens the already lowish suction. Motor has separate cooling air flow so it can be used even for vacuum gluing.

700W Jet chip extractor with 10cm pipe for small P/T, just collects chips, finer dust is emitted through the filter sack. I'm just building a small cupboard over it to vent the air outside through air heat exchanger (as you know it gets a bit cold in here during winter).

And the most important of all, 1.6kW leaf blower used appx. once a week to rid the fine dust accumulating everywhere, including the light fixture louvres and every shelf on the shop. Just opening double door to the workshop and let the wind carry on the "invisible" stuff... :)

Always minding the direction of wind that neighbours don't get any vicer where the "smoke" comes fom.

henry which is about 20 ish years old and a Elekta Beckum for main collection, which is now upside down hanging off the wall piped in to main system. Works a treat.

DSCN1914.jpg

In addition to my Axminster ADE1200 chip collector, I now have a small Nilfisk-Alto Aero 25-21 water and dry vacuum with power take-off, which is used for collecting fine dust and with power tools.

Home 'shop Record rxi800 (recently bought off ebay for 50 notes)

Work 'shop Record DX5000 , plus an ADE 1200 - the latter is currenly for sale and will be replaced by a RSDE2

Axminster ADE2200

Very powerful, good for around 7-10 meters of overhead twisted 100mm pipe. Bag is a little small for a thicknesser planer, can fill it in half day of planing. Clamps that keep the bags on are very annoying to get on but a lot of machines use the same system.

Henry The Hover

Good for power tools and cleaning floors :lol:

Axminster SFCA-200 (Wanted the biggest cyclone they do, but after the recent massive price-hike there was no chance)
Nilfisk-Alto Attix 50-21 'shop vac
Makita 440 'shop vac

Cheers _Dan.

numatic NVD750 (great)
fox 2hp chip extractor (good)
axminster rdc100h vacuum extractor (bit noisy and rough but works ok)

Back