For sale or not for sale ? Poll

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For sale or not for sale ?

• Continue offering items on the forum ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stop posting used items for sale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smudger":32yu5zkd said:
Mike.C":32yu5zkd said:
Jake":32yu5zkd said:
The funny thing is that when you have stopped for a while, you'll find it difficult to believe that you once thought it was so difficult to stop. That won't make any sense now, though - for now, one day, or rather one trigger, at a time.

Hi Jake :D snap :D My neighbor just said the same thing as you. She said one day you will look back and think, "I don't know what all the bloo-y fuss was about"

Oh well fingers crossed.

By the way Blister sorry to highjack your thread.

Cheers

Mike

15 years. Don't know what all the fuss was about...

Did you like the kittens?

Hi Dick, yes I did as it happens, they are well cute. :D

Cheers

Mike

Jake":31t8m81m said:
Selling kittens on the forum is unacceptable behaviour IMHO.

particularly at those prices, my you could get a collie dog with only light use for that price - do they have gold plated whiskers or something ... :D :D :lol:

Smudger":1e978yo4 said:
Jake":1e978yo4 said:
Smudger":1e978yo4 said:
Did you like the kittens?

Selling kittens on the forum is unacceptable behaviour IMHO.

They were in a bag of tools I bought, honest!

were the tools advertised as being in purrfect condition ;) - or was it a mouse sander :D

I bought some cats and I've got two too many, would anyone like to buy one? They've had light use...

I used to have a mouse sander...

kit999.jpg

As always.
Descends into the realms of silliness :? :? :? :?
How can you post kittens? they're too big to go through the letterbox. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

John. B

John. B":1amtijdu said:
As always.
Descends into the realms of silliness :? :? :? :?
How can you post kittens? they're too big to go through the letterbox. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

John. B

I'll have to put my hands up to that one.

GiveUp.jpg

John. B":15ontbgv said:

sounts like a catastrophic flaw in the plan - is there a no delivery claws ;)

Personally I think it's great having things for sale here I was one who voted for a FOR SALE section and as that didn't work this is the next best thing, why on earth worry if someone sells things on here for profit including Blister as long as they're not a dealer in the big scheme of things does it really matter.

I for one would think of this forum as soon as I had something to do with woodwork for sale!... :wink:

As already stated I really do not have a problem with stuff being sold regardless of source, however, against the backdrop of a forum and underlying expectations I do think it is helpful for the seller to be abundantly clear about the background to the items.

For example... It is quite clear that Blister (sorry Blister, just using you to make the point rather than as an actual example) is a keen and experienced turner. Therefore, as an inexperienced turner, I could spot Blister selling a lathe and quite easily assume (without even thinking to question) that I was buying in to what Blister found so good about this lathe when he invested before upgrading.

Likewise, if Philly were given a wooden plane that belonged to an uncle once removed because a distant cousin knows "Philly likes planes" and... it was a pile of pooh. Philly could unwittingly pass it off as something a bit special simply because it is Philly selling it.

If I bought something from Wizer I could easily assume it was still in the original packaging, not having been used at all.

The point I am trying to make is that a seller really needs to be aware of how they are perceived in order to not inadvertently and quite innocently mislead people.

At the end of the day the onus is on the buyer to satisfy themselves that what they are buying is what they think it is, however, this is a back-slapping matey sort of forum so......

Personally, I'd rather buy from someone on here rather than on fleabay.
If a regular poster decides to sell things on here in order to make money then fine as far as I'm concerned. If I think I'm getting a good deal and it's what I want (and can afford) then I'll buy - if not then I won't.
Yes, if for example philly was selling a plane then I'd expect it to be decent - if it wasn't then it wouldn't be good business sense from him to sell it via this route.
I've bought things in the past from forum members (and will in the future) as a newbie I was very pleased to be given advice as to what the machines were good for and equally what they wouldn't be able to manage.

If you've got stuff to sell then please continue posting the items please guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back