For Sale Delta Midi Lathe SOLD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to a senior moment I have this Lathe for sale
3518803088_79be0742d0.jpg

I will keep it brief,I forgot to tighten the motor after changing speed and the belt jumped off the pulley and was crushed, :oops: while trying to locate a new belt from numerous places I was told it was an odd size and nowhere to be had,
So after deciding to replace the lathe and ordering from Axminster I found a place in Leeds that could supply a belt which arrived the day after the new lathe, :) I have fitted the belt and the lathe is back up and running,
I am looking for £65 for it and it will have to be collected from Camberley
it has a 4 prong drive 3"face plate and a live centre,

any questions pm me NOW SOLD

Cheers Nigel

Nigel":10bt6rql said:
So after deciding to replace the lathe and ordering from Axminster I found a place in Leeds that could supply a belt which arrived the day after the new lathe, :)

So the important question has not been asked, what is the new lathe and why have we not seen a few pictures of it? :roll: :wink:

The delta looks a useful lathe and a good buy at that price, Mike (G) where are you? :twisted:

Hi Dave
The replacement is a JET 12/20 with a little help from the 10% offer, only just a little bigger but can be made a lot bigger with the extra bed,
will post a picture soon

Cheers Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I understand that this post dated back to 2009 but I was wondering where you purchased the original Delta lathe from? I am currently on the look out for one and I am finding to be quite a challenge.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Marc

Hi Marc
The Delta lathe was original purchased from D&M tools at their show,
Now as far as I know Delta no longer export to the European market since their takeover by Black & decker who as you know also own Dewalt,
and that there is no after sales service in the UK,
I am not sure why you want a Delta specifical but the Fox machine is identical,
I bought a slightly bigger lathe a Jet 12/20 and would recommend it ,

cheers Nigel

Hi Nigel , thanks for your speedy reply, I thought the Delta was a better lathe than the Jet in regards to quality build but am only putting 2 and 2 together maybe coming up with 5. would wecome any thoughts on the Jet 12/20. regards Marc.

In my opinion the Jet is way ahead of the Delta in quality, it is quiet smooth and has an indexing feature on the head,
it has the same belt speed change as the Delta but I have been spoiled as Bob (ninefingers ) of this parish modified my lathe to a variable speed via a new motor and inverter for which I shall be eternally grateful because of the work involved and the joy of using it,

If you are going to need variable speed frequently then I suggest you look at that point from the start,

Cheers Nigel

Nigel":3eo20bfk said:
In my opinion the Jet is way ahead of the Delta in quality, it is quiet smooth and has an indexing feature on the head,
it has the same belt speed change as the Delta but I have been spoiled as Bob (ninefingers ) of this parish modified my lathe to a variable speed via a new motor and inverter for which I shall be eternally grateful because of the work involved and the joy of using it,

If you are going to need variable speed frequently then I suggest you look at that point from the start,

Cheers Nigel
Having sold my Coronet Elf, the Jet is the one I'll be ordering shortly - Rob

Back