Foot Switch for £4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thirsty

Reaction score
Hi every one my first post a friend sold me this old Delter scroll saw and I have been really enjoying learning a new woodworking experience
There's been lots of talk about foot switches on here so I thought I would show you the one I made for a bout £4.
The switch is from MAPLINS and is a pressure switch not on/off switch I used some scrap wood a bit of gafer tape and it works really well. In the past I have made all kinds of jigs etc for use in my old workshop just love the challange not to buy if I make it.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 1,247
  • IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 1,247
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 1,247
Welcome, Thirsty.

You know what they say, if it can’t be fixed with gafer/duct tape then it is not reparable/fixable. (hammer)

Take care and enjoy your scroll sawing, warning it is addictive. :shock:

Chris R.

sry dont know the code just went into the shop looked at the switches but I will have a look on the site to see if I can find it and post the code
John

The switch I used was Push-to-make switch code N92AP @ £3.99 its a 2 pole connector so use it with a break in the negative wire

Hello Baldhead . Have a look at my posting of about a year ago , I made a switch for my delta , wouldn't be without it
look at scroller Franks postings Dec 14 2012 somewhere I have a picture ! but I cant find it !!! ------------- not a lot of good then eh Frank ! ----
hope this helps ----------------Frank------------------

I like the idea of cheap stuff, but for 12 quid I think I prefer my chunky cast alloy footswitch that will survive when, not if, I drop something on it. Having said that, that switch does looks quite robust and I'd have definitely considered your way if I was needing one now.

Martin.

thirsty":dnr1tsyh said:
The switch I used was Push-to-make switch code N92AP @ £3.99 its a 2 pole connector so use it with a break in the negative wire

Negative wire :?: :?:

AC supply correct term is (Neutral) & (Live).

If using a single pole switch, ensure you break/switch, the live supply/wire.
A two pole switch should be used on machine type equipment, if possible.

Please read this as help and not as criticism, it is not intended.

Chris R.

thirsty":2iwdyssy said:

It's only single pole according to the website :?

thanks for your input re switch I fitted it about 3 months ago and it works for me bit of a bodge buts thats me a 63yrs old senile fart lol

Back