Making a 3 in 1 station

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodwork Journey Dean

Established Member
Reaction score
My old Axminster Hobby range TS250 tablesaw died again recently, as I can’t afford another I’m changing how I do stuff. I think it’ll also be good for my YouTube channel and people with small workshops/budget tools.

Anyway I’d previously made this cabinet for the saw
IMG_9222.jpeg

And I wanted to keep on using it, so I’m slowly converting it

Tracksaw ripping MFT
IMG_9252.jpeg

IMG_9264.jpeg

Then the tracksaw cross cut jig
IMG_9257.jpeg

And finally the router table
IMG_9255.jpeg

The idea being that the two tops are interchangeable and the storage is underneath.

I’ve still got to do some strengthening, attach the router, box on in the router, wire an external switch for the router, and maybe make a rail support system like Peter Millard’s DIY version.

I’ve had my old Erbauer tracksaw that I got second hand for ages, and since a dodgy kickback and brown trouser moment haven’t really used it.
I’ve now taken off the anti kickback (it clearly didn’t work), and the anti tip thing and it’sa lot more comfortable to use.

Threw in a new blade today as it still had the original Erbauer one on it, must have been there years!
IMG_9259.jpeg

At this point when checking over the saw, I found that it wasn’t square
IMG_9260.jpeg

And to make matters super flippin’ annoying, this Erbauer monster does not have an adjustable hard stop grub screw. Instead as it goes past 90 you have to fanny about with it after every time you cut a bevel!!

Can’t afford to change the tracksaw to a makita etc so, like a lot of people, I’m making do with what I have and trying to not let it stop me.

Going from a table saw to track saw is a heck of a learning adjustment, but I’m looking forward to it.

Will update the thread when I do more

What form does the anti kickback thing take on your saw? Interested to see more.

I understand the conversion but wont u get more use out of a tablesaw......?
rather like the sliding rail in the original saw photo.....
any good, who's is it.......? ta.......

I understand the conversion but wont u get more use out of a tablesaw......?
rather like the sliding rail in the original saw photo.....
any good, who's is it.......? ta.......
Probably, but as I said at the start of the post, I can’t afford to replace it.
Sliding rail? The fence rail? It’s Axminster. A combo of the new style rail with the old style fence that’s been adapted to fit

Making progress on this setup now and really pleased with how it’s going.
I got a bunch of reclaimed melamine faced MDF (18mm) so going with that now.
Also got a makita tracksaw which I absolutely love!

IMG_9458.jpeg

This pic is a couple of weeks old so we’re much tidier now!!!
Tomorrow I’ve got the router table cover/section to make - made a couple of router lift videos recently so I’ve got a 1/2” router mounted to a plate already to throw in.

Then it’ll just be storage and stuff 😁

IMG_9566.jpeg

IMG_9634.jpeg

Back