First proper piece on new Hegner.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmoorphil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Finally got to cut my first proper piece on the new saw.
Decided on a Cairn terrier for my wife as it looks just like her dog, Bailey.
Cut it out of 28mm pine using a no.3 FD blade.
Probably should have chosen something simpler for the first go, especially with all the angled cuts around the fur but it all worked out well.
I just can't believe the difference between this saw and my AWFS18. It cuts beautifully and all the pieces slide out and back again perfectly.
I also shouldn't have mentioned the other day that I have never broken a blade - I broke 2 on this!

Attachments

• cairn.jpg
    cairn.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,086
Thank Steve, I just need to get the paper pattern off the other side - too much spray mount!
The pattern is from animal puzzles for the scroll saw by Judy and dave Peterson.
Some really nice patterns in there.
Phil

Well done Phil,28 mm in my sizes put its around 1" to 1 1/4", you will always get a well cut project with the Hegner.
It is with being a member of this site I have found out the different blades that are available.It will be very interesting to see future projects.Phil when I put a pattern to the wood,I sand the piece to the desired finish.Please try this out it works for me.
I then put masking tape round the wood.the side I am putting the pattern on I put 2" doubled sided tape from (Wilkinsons) put the pattern on top of it, then I wrap the whole project in clear parcel tape.The tape just peels off when it is cut out.It may appear to be different,but it works for me.
I am fortunate to have a printer that I take copies of all patterns which I use.
Bryan.

Well done Phil. Sue will love that dog. I broke loads of blades when I forst got my Hegner, tell me Phil, are they breaking at the lower clamp, if so you are over tightening the clamp. I was amazed at just how little tesion you need to hold the blade in. With all respects to Bryan I think its a little over the top. I cover the wood with maskingtape, just on top and then use Wilkinson's stick glue to fix the pattern and if its hardwood I cover that with 2inch clear packing tape, again, just on the top. If your cutting pine then there is no need for the clear packing tape.

Yes, its amazing how much better the Hegner is than the cheaper saws, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

The router table is up and running and the scissor jack is worth its weight in gold as a router lift.

Very nicely done Phil, I like that.

I'm still breaking blades on my Hegner, mostly in the middle. I was using a spiral blade today, very gently, but it still broke. I can'r figure out what's happening as I never broke any on the Jet JSS16.

Martin.

Very nice piece phil......

the most i have done on mine so far is cutting 'THOMAS' out for my godsons new toy box (6mm mdf lol) and with a massive pinned blade round some oak pieces off for a towel rail lol i have a proxon (the one with the footswitch) and for 95 quid its great for very little use, but would beneift from being fixed to a stand with some rubber mounts!!!

C

Nice job Phil
As a Newbie to the forum I like to see other peoples work and I really like your dog puzzle.
Regards
Brendan

Latest posts

Back