Firefox Misery - Warning!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the latest update to 1.5.0.4 and it trashed my PC bigtime.

First intimation of problems was that my mouse wheel started zooming the page instead of scrolling it. Then I got continuous clicks through the speakers; half my apps seemed brain-dead etc., etc.

This behaviour continued even when I exited FF and used IE instead.

I have now restored from a month old back up and am up an limping and using Maxthon as a browser (nearest thing to FF I have found although FF had become a second skin and I really miss it but am not prepared to go through all that again.

So- if you are using FF and it offers to update - think twice!

Ooo, nasty. Thanks for the warning, Chris. Can't you go back to a previous version of FF though? (Like I have a clue what I'm talking about... :roll: )

Cheers, Alf

no problems here and i've upgraded 3 pc's in the house in the last day or two.

Andy

I've had problems like that with previous Firefox upgrades. As a result, I now use Opera - which I much prefer.

Gill

Gill,
I am just trying Opera now but my password manager (Roboform doesn't work with it and I use that a lot :cry:

I am seriously thinking Macs!

waterhead37":3dm3ckfc said:
I am seriously thinking Macs!

:sick:

No probs here on 3 PC's and a Laptop.........yet....... :wink:

I think I may have found the problem, or at least the culprit. I have a Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse and the software that it came with called Setpoint seems to be at the root of things - although the issues were definitely triggerd by the FF update. I have uninstalled this and things seem rather better. Hours of messing around however have convinced me I need a Mac!

Yep, no problems here either, but it sounds like you already have found the root of the problems!

Adam

No problems here. Chris, it might be something you have installed that many people don't.

Back