What to do

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunnybob":2rd5mdxc said:
4, important one this, "symptom of the modern world" Hello, yes, you might not want to admit it , but we are ALL living in the modern world. get used to it. Adapt.

I'm all for adapting to a modern world, but suing anyone and everyone is not adapting it's being a sponger on society. Suing because it's the modern world way, just doesn't sit right with me, however each to their own.

sunnybob":3jrhdylv said:
there are a few very good reasons to contact a solicitor in this case.
1. it gets your views permanently on record, and on the desk of the person who counts, not the office manager who will bin any unofficial complaint to save their own jobs.
2/ NOTHING, makes people try harder than the thought of being sued for millions.
3/ If the worst case scenario happened, and one was violent, burst into your house and attacked one of your family. When the police come and you say "I knew this was going to happen"
the response will be "well why the hell didnt you do something about it?" Too late then to call anyone.

4, important one this, "symptom of the modern world" Hello, yes, you might not want to admit it , but we are ALL living in the modern world. get used to it. Adapt.
Bob,
Don't agree with any of those. If you want your views on the record then reporting to the police is fine. And a solicitor will do pineapple all to prevent it happening to anyone else.
I don't think your rationale is 'modern world' at all.

The trouble with Solicitors in this situation is that they will want paying - current national rate is £271 per hr DAMHIKT

Brian

Sorry Bob but I don't agree either and your reasons don't justify your original suggestion to:
Sue them for anything the solicitor can think of.
Which imo is up there with dodgy whiplash and pavement trips.

Reporting the original incident is more than enough to get the event on record and motivate the care home to do something about it while leaving enough options for future legal action should anything further happen.

Bob

finneyb":33np0pdq said:
The trouble with Solicitors in this situation is that they will want paying - current national rate is £271 per hr DAMHIKT

Brian
Crikey- I'd only have to work half a day to live cushty!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":np3r7hh0 said:
finneyb":np3r7hh0 said:

Brian
Crikey- I'd only have to work half a day to live cushty!

You just have to get the work for half a day and you are all set :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian

Back