Festool Domino DF500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acewoodturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Decided I need a Festool Domino after a couple of months toying with the idea. It will be quite good with a particular repeating job so will earn its keep.
Next question - where's the best place to get it or has anyone got one of these discount voucher codes?

cheers

Mike

Selwyn":2ztw9hgg said:
Wait til black Friday and then hit Google hard particularly the shopping pagem

£623 looks the cheapest but ideally somewhere can do 15% off blackfriday

Alan Wadkins Tool Store give you 10% off if you sign up for emails so thats £584 for a Domino from them

Have you considered what you will be using it for. I thought for ages between the 500 and 700. In the end went for the 700 which uses 8 - 14mm dominoes. The 8 is small enough for small framing/joining boards and the 14 is great for framing doors. Maybe the smaller sizes of the 500 work for you.

There is also a non-festool approved adapter that allows the 700 to use 500 cutters, but haven't got one so can't comment.

Just sayin'

Just a word of warning about used. I assume you will have no warranty.

If this is the case you are taking a risk.

The motor burnt out on my new DF500 within a few months of use. Repaired under warranty, but the repair bill would have been eye watering if it wasn't covered.

I got a previously used one from a member on here.......It was in superb condition and has performed faultlessly since I got it.
So, you can find good ones..!

acewoodturner":34qqb2yt said:
Anyone got a better price than the £623 from Axminster PTC with their 10% discount?

Mike

Blimey, is that what they now cost.

I got my DF500 shortly after they were first launched, it's one of the original type with sprung spacer pins instead of folding pegs, I can't remember the exact price but I think it was about £300. Incidentally, it's performed faultlessly ever since, despite constant hard use in a professional workshop.

Don’t think they were ever that low Custard - unless you mean pre-VAT? I paid ~£425 inc. in 2007 or 2008 for an ex-demo unit. Still going strong - can’t begin to imagine how many thousands of mortises it’s cut. Incidentally, I know a few guys who’ve switched to the new Mafell duo doweller, so if a used Domino doesn’t worry the OP there’s a few around, or soon to be.

Incidentally, the new Mafell is around £900 and the Lamello Zeta P2 £1400 - makes the Domino almost seem like a bargain. And there’s a sentence you don’t write - or read - ever day! :D

So, Did you buy one in the end? If so where from? I nearly bought one on Friday from Axminster but chickened out. I already have the df700 but i think the 500 would be good for smaller stuff.
Thanks
Jack

Well after searching for ages I couldn't get cheaper than the Axminster price with a tenner voucher to play with. I am holding off just now as I am getting my motorhome engine rebuilt which is turning out to be quite expensive and there may be a hidden shock or 2 as its 25 years old.
May reconsider it all in January when I have had a chance to work out my finances a bit.

I seriously want a domino but it would sit unused for long periods of time so I'm off to get a biscuit jointer instead.

basssound":3u7hvp09 said:
I seriously want a domino but it would sit unused for long periods of time so I'm off to get a biscuit jointer instead.
I will have a dewalt biscuit jointer up for sale soon when my domino arrives? :roll: :D

acewoodturner":23bt86xs said:
Decided I need a Festool Domino after a couple of months toying with the idea. It will be quite good with a particular repeating job so will earn its keep.
Next question - where's the best place to get it or has anyone got one of these discount voucher codes?

cheers

Mike

Did you get fixed up Mike? I have one for sale.

Back