Festool CTL 26 E extractor bargain

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yetloh

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying one of these for a while but put off by the price of around £470. I enquired at Dictum thinking the Euro exchange rate might help but it would be a special order with them at E609 (£444) so not much of a saving. I thought I would just check out Axminster and was very surprised to find it at £339.96 - a 27% reduction. It should arrive tomorrow. It seems the days of no discounts on Festool kit are over.

Jim

In most situations resale price maintenance is illegal in EU.
Germany: The Bundeskartellamt imposes Fines for Vertical Resale Price Maintenance in
Tools Selective Distribution System
On 20 August 2012, the Bundeskartellamt (BKartA) imposed a fine totalling € 8 200 000 on TTS Tooltechnic
Systems Deutschland GmbH (Tooltechnic).
This case concerns high quality tools for carpenters, painters, car sprayers and demanding private clients,
distributed under the trademark “Festool”. Tooltechnic operates a selective distribution system and sells
“Festool” tools only to, and through, specialized retailers.

http://ec.europa.eu/competition/ecn/bri ... 4_2012.pdf

I had always felt that Festool practice must be illegal. Delighted to hear that something has finally been done about it.

Jim

Happened years ago I've always got discount with my dealers

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

chippy1970":i0hca8h0 said:
.... well the case I quoted was 3 years ago in 2012 so they were still doing it then and pretty seriously I'd have thought to have been fined 8,200,000 euros!

Hi Jim, you will be well pleased with the Festool CTL 26, which I alkso bought a few weeks ago from Axminster. The guarantee is also excellent.
Alex

I always shop around and seem to end up using power tool-supplies in Weston Super Mare for most of the Festool stuff I buy. Their service and delivery is excellent - just as they are from Axminster.

RogerP":yxeqx15d said:
chippy1970":yxeqx15d said:
.... well the case I quoted was 3 years ago in 2012 so they were still doing it then and pretty seriously I'd have thought to have been fined 8,200,000 euros!
I've been getting a discount since I started buying festool back in 2007.

chippy1970":163omoe0 said:
RogerP":163omoe0 said:
chippy1970":163omoe0 said:

You must be special. :)

RogerP":248m8eq0 said:
chippy1970":248m8eq0 said:
RogerP":248m8eq0 said:
chippy1970 said:

You must be special. :)

No I just asked lol simples!

yetloh":r1ylj2lp said:
I had always felt that Festool practice must be illegal. Delighted to hear that something has finally been done about it.

Jim

It happens in just about all consumer areas though...
Apple
Samsung
Mountain bikes (Scott, Giant et al)

I was 100% unsurprised that the "higher end" kit in the wood working world was in the same game.
While its not necessarily price fixing, there is certainly something naughty going on but clearly legal enough to get by for so long from everyone involved.

Alexam":xv85qmyf said:
Hi Jim, you will be well pleased with the Festool CTL 26, which I alkso bought a few weeks ago from Axminster. The guarantee is also excellent.
Alex

Thanks, Alex, I'm sure I will. I bought it on good advice, but it is always nice to have it backed up. I did consider the CTM 26 for its higher dust collection rating, but when I investigated I discovered the filtration is identical. The only difference is a sensor and warning circuitry telling of reduced suction. It's a lot more money and seems a bit of a con to me for something that doesn't perform any better but just has what is necessary to enable the maker to certify it for M rating.

Jim

Back