Festival of The Tree, Westonbirt.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty certain I remember dogs being there.

Sawdust Producer":2n9dfryo said:
I want to take the puppy there, might take the dog aswell.

thats no way to talk about the lady wife :D

you can take dogs into the show ground, and into the woodland on the otherside of the valley, but not into the "old arboretum" itself. ( guide dogs and such exempted)

i might see you there - wearing our shiny new ukw badges , but i wont be taking my dog as crowds make her panicky.

garywayne":3ctompro said:
I believe that the Festival of The Tree, is from Fri 27-Mon 30 Aug.

That could be really confusing. They have lots of trees there. :lol:

It gets a bit busy at that time of year, being the end of summer'n'all, but some of the old stands (of timber) are gorgeous to look at.

Incidentally, I have this theory that tree trunks are the Facebook of the canine world...

garywayne":1cpgp61u said:
I believe that the Festival of The Tree, is from Fri 27-Mon 30 Aug.

The dates quoted are correct. I contacted Westonbirt for confirmation, as it's not on their web site.

I've updated the 2010 Show Dates thread.

The chainsaw sculpture event 'Sculptree', that runs alonside the 'Festival of the Tree', starts on 23rd through to 30th August. The four day Festival of the Tree with craft and wood related stalls is 27th to 30th August.

Cheers,
Neil

They always seem to tie it in with the late August Bank Holiday - which is a shame traffic wise?

Apart from the CHT tent and a few others, there's a lot of tacky stuff on show.
If I go again this year, I intend to allow more time looking at the Arboretum?

Rod :)

it seems to be not so much a show for woodworkers as a show about woodwork for the general public - still its only just down the road so i'll probably go - a couple of years back i scored some nice wood off the bloke who was demonstrating the wood mizer so its usually worth it.

brianhr":1quzxbp0 said:
Last year the highlight of my visit to Westonbirt was an opportunity to visit Rodmarton Manor, the centre of the Cotswold School.

http://www.rodmarton-manor.co.uk/details.html

It does look nice, but the Arts'n'Crafts page on their site is a bit of a giggle. Anyone who thinks that a quote decrying Lutyens will make 'their' property better, gets taken with a pinch of salt thereafter, leastways, 's true in this household, anyway.

Cheers,

Eric-the-Lutyens-enthusiast
(who thinks Lindisfarne Castle is just gorgeous)

Latest posts

Back