Ready for christmas.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orraloon

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my slow table build finished in time so can relax a bit. 70tes retro gate leg for the daughter's flat. She was having a look through my old woodwork books and asked if I could build this one. I think It would have been about the first ww book I bought as I remember making a few of the items in it before she was born. Had to change a few things as things have changed a bit in the real world. Plan had cork tiles and to be honest even back in the 70tes I was only luke warm on them. Another change was the plan used all dowel construction so I upped the game to M&T and floating tenons. I did like the look of dark panels in the top so had a go at vinegar, tea and wire wool on the red oak ply. Played around with a few offcuts to get a feel for it. Quite pleased with the effect and will likely use it again in future. Sorry no work in progress shots. Wood is New Guinea Rosewood. Bit big to wrap up so may just plonk the tree and other presents on top.
IMG_1758.JPGIMG_1759.JPGIMG_1762.JPGIMG_1760.JPG
Anyhow as I am on the festive theme all the very best to everyone for Christmas.
Regards
John

Back