Felder sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsworth

Established Member
Reaction score
ince my last communication, Felder have started a two week discount promotion. The prices below will be available until Thursday 2nd April, if you wish to take advantage of these we would require a 10% deposit to be placed.

C3 31 - Standard machine £4269.72
131 - 1250mm sliding table £141.68
Total £4411.40
Discount £-412.40
Total (excluding vat and delivery) £3990.00
with VAT £4688.25

Although it is expensive It is a good promotion as the last quote i got from them it worked out at £5000 without the sliding table upgrade.

There was no mention of that in my e-mail as i only inquired about the combi machine. I can ask though. They are having an in house show soon so i imagine there will be offerings.

be warned,

just purchased cf741pro

very very unhappy from the moment i sent final payment prior to delivery.

even more unhappy now i have the machine.

jeff

jeffinfrance":30wq7u2s said:
be warned,

just purchased cf741pro

very very unhappy from the moment i sent final payment prior to delivery.

even more unhappy now i have the machine.

jeff

Jeff

What are the problems as I am considerig upgrading my current felder

Jeff

If its anything like my Felder 531 planer the wood will constantly stick when going through the thicknesser. I have had a few other issues with it as well. Not the Rolls Royce of machines that i was expecting. It cost me in the region of £3500.00 & was quite a large purchase for me. Not sure if i would buy another Felder.

Woodguy

woodguy7":2pnx37hu said:
Jeff

If its anything like my Felder 531 planer the wood will constantly stick when going through the thicknesser. I have had a few other issues with it as well. Not the Rolls Royce of machines that i was expecting. It cost me in the region of £3500.00 & was quite a large purchase for me. Not sure if i would buy another Felder.

Woodguy

Wax the table that should fix it

the current problem i have discovered is that neither the infeed or outfeed tables are true to the cutter block on the planer.

i'm pulling my hair out, having a nightmare trying to get other niggles sorted out as well. it took nearly two weeks to find out why the lifting wheels wouldn't work.

planer guard broken already.

stupid stuff, like the power cable's too short and wont reach the socket in the wall.

rolls royce.....hah, more like leyland in the 70's

this planer business really is the last straw.

very shoddy after sales service.

disgusted!

couldn't agree more. I called the uk managing director & told him to put my money back into my account & come & get his machine. He was horrified & had an engineer come all the way from Milton Keynes to the north of Scotland within 2 days. He just flooded the table with Super Gleit & said it was ok :x

I have tried everything from scrubbing with a green pad to waxing with a graphite based wax that they gave me but nothing works. After about 10m of wood through it sticks again. I am sick of it now & wish i kept the old Cooksley i had.

Woodguy

Whilst not in a position to criticize other felder owners on this post, having seen felders video's in the 1980's and 90's it has always been my ambition to own one

I initially had a Lurem C210B which I used for approx 15 yrs and upgraded to a 1986 vintage BF5 combi approx 4 years ago (ebay purchase)

having been extremely impressed with the Lurem the felder put me in another realm. I appreciate that I have changed the bearings in the spindle and planer head (fair wear and tear in my opinion) however the machine has been and continues to be excellent.

I have noticed that in the modern machines the frames are welded plate, mine is solid cast which I feel helps with rigidity. my only reasons for an upgrade is that I would like a longer sliding table for the saw/spindle and slightly longer planer beds, apart from that I have absolutely no complains. I have also found that there is so much adjustment on my machine that setting up is extremely easy

some pics in use

P1000417.jpg

P1000399.jpg

P1000409.jpg

P1000400.jpg

P1000428.jpg

DCP_1769.jpg

i dont think its fair to "critisze" other felder owners.....we didn't ask for bad service!

update on my felder nightmare...

it would appear that most of my problems could be due to the silly person french dealer/engineer and the fact that it wasn't commisioned properly, or at all for that matter.

i'll be demanding back the 500 quid i paid and doing it myself when i recieve the necessary protocols and manuels, from the extremely helpful english engineer i just spoke to.

but if you do choose a new felder, do not trust the factory settings

watch this space for updates.

jeff

Sorry to hear about your problems jeff I bought my combi new about 3 yrs ago and have been extrely happy with it. had to have one repair done which was attended to fairly quickly ,sometimes get the same problem as woodguy but a spray of supergleit and its away. Both engineers Ive dealt with have been spot on

Jeff
Again, sorry to hear of your problems.
I can only speak as I find, and i've been fairly happy with my dealings. When I found the riving knife on my saw/spindle had not been correctly fitted, a call to Richard at MK and he talked me through it and it was done in no time. OK, shouldn't have left the factory like it but it's not a perfect world.
I realise you've spent a lot of money and would have expected the tech guy to properly set it up on site - he obviously didn't (couldn't) do the job. I would be pineappled off and demanding they come to you to sort it out.
There have been several Felder bashing threads here and on the other side, and perhaps the jury is still out, although I have to say a few of the negative contributions have come from people who have never been near a Felder :roll:
We don't hear about peoples problems with Martin/Altendorf, presumably because owners of that serious kit don't post on the likes of this forum. But I bet even they aren't without quality/service issues.
I really hope you get it sorted 'cos I think you'll love the machine when it's singing.

Woodguy - sorry to hear of your troubles as well.
I can get a similar problem on my Hammer PT but only with stuff like resinous softwood, and like John says, waxing the beds usually fixes it. I'm also a bit particular about keeping the feed roller clean and devoid of resin build up. Presumably when the engineer was there, you ran more than 10m of wood through to test it and it was ok? Anyway, hope you get it sorted.

Trousers

I really like the planer but the issue with the sticking bed really annoys me. When the engineer was here i didn't twig that that was the problem. I feel i was conned a wee bit as he would flood the bed with super gleit, run some wood through 2 or 3 times, flood it again, another 2 or 3 passes, ect, ect. He never put the wood through more than 3 times without more super gleit which makes me think that this a a very common problem that they wont admit to.

I do dress pine but mostly hardwoods like oak, mahogany, black walnut ect so the resin thing is not a problem. I am actually toying with the idea of sanding the bed to make it smoother but i don't want to make it worse.

Thanks for the input,

Woodguy.

Jeff, Sounds very much like the engineer who set it up. The engineer who set mine up spent most of the day getting the settings just right and showing me how to adjust it myself if I ever needed to. I have never had any problems with the aftersales service but keep hearing of problems. good luck I hope you resolve the issues because the felder is an absolute joy to use when it is set up correctly. It certainly provides a new level of accuracy and quality to my work.

Have you got a secondary outfeed pressure bar fitted. I know that mine was the root of the same sort of problem and just required adjustment to provide less residence to over come the problem.

I have found that having brought from felder on three different occasions the factory settings were always way out and needed work to get them as they should have been. A pretty poor do for the money they charge. Best of it is, if they do, as they did back then, they charge a installation/ commissioning fee, for them to come and make it as it should have been when it left the factory.

I would get them back out if it is not a straight forward fix as above, and make them do their job properly, don't leave them alone and check it all as they go. I had a muppet first time round, but the second guy was altogether different and was proud to show what a great job he was doing. The other one properly went back and said what a pain in the backside i was.

Hi all!

There is quite a mixed opinion on Felder machines, and customer service!

so ill add mine too!

I bourght a 6month old ex demo/unused Hammer C3 31 combi machine with the 1250 table didgi dial, and wheel kit this time last year when i was setting up my new workshop. all went through fine and was delivered on time and set up well!

In the past 12 months of everyday use in a pro shop it hasn't missed a beat! apart from one tiny electrical fault a week after it was delivered which was sorted out within 24 hours of me phoning felder!

It has remained accurate and i am still very pleased with my choice!

So there you got not all bad!

Regards

David

I would second the fact that once set up the machines work very well and in my case have continued to work very well and i have never had any other issues with them.

Just a pity that they do not leave the factory set as they should be, but once over this hurdle you will not regret buying. I have had a planer and spindle for over 10 years and they get used almost every day. The only thing i have had to do was replace the bearings on the planer arbor but considering the time and work it has done it was only expected of any machine.

I have a Hammer B3 and I have to say i love it. It has been in use for over a year and a half without a hiccup. When i had couple of problems I spoke to felder uk and they were very good. the engineer talked me through over the phone.
I accept that people have had problems but they have done fine by me. I do not think for the money I could have got a better machine, with the right footprint, for me. I accept secondhand may be the way to go but I have no complaints with Felder.
As others have said you can adjust all the bits you need. Some of the extras are expensive but they work and they are solid.
The only downside seems to to be the reps change all the time.
Owen

Just to add my pennys worth

I had a K700 thought i had a DC brake issue, contacted Felder advised a £100 circuit board, this arrived (a week late) I fitted it and it was worse, called them back 6 times over 5 days before they would talk to me, admitting it was a faulty board and the original was fine it just needed adjusting.

Also ordered three lots of £400 of blades etc all these were 6-8weeks after delivery date and no contact till i called them. One lot I ordered 18months ago is still to arrive.....

I also ordered in the last few years a bandsaw N4400 that was fine on time and works well, and a p/t that arrived as three phase not single as I ordered so that went back.

So in summary a mixed bag, I think well engineered machines let down by very complex electrics and very very very poor customer service.

Latest posts

Back