Felder sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully Felder are taking note of customer reviews.

I had in mind purchasing the Hammer N4400 bandsaw but hearing of poor customer service and parts deliveries I will soldier on with my smaller Record again this year. (I started it up yesterday, just tightened up the tension cut a test piece, no adjustment was needed and sliced off a 12mm thickness of ash perfectly, 4 months since last used)

I'm pretty divided on my choice to now. I have till april 4 though to make a decision on the sale price. To me it sounds like things are thrown together in the factory and it is a bit of hit and miss so far. And as far as aftercare service it seems to depend on who you get as an engineer. I will send a link to this thread to the sales man who i'm dealing with.

I sent my sales man a link to the forum and he read through it all. I'd copy his reply here but i just got a new mouse and haven't figured out how to get the right click to work on it!!!

He did admit to a lot of internal problems when one of the big managers left and the new one is almost up to speed. He made no excuses or tried to make themselves look any better then they are. He said any company has issues and they work as best as they can to solve them. I'm still undecided on putting a deposit by april 4.

Well, may as well add my comments!

Last year,I bought a KF700S professional saw/spindle from Felder UK at Milton Keynes.
I was told it would be on a 8 week delivery,but it actually arrived after 5 weeks.
So that was a good start,it arrived and was commissioned by a very helpful and excellent engineer from Felder.
The only issue that I had was that they had sent the wrong size scoring blade.
The engineer made a phone call whilst at mine,and the correct one arrived in the post the next day.

I found the staff at Felder UK very helpful (which one would expect when they are trying to get your sale)and the person I dealt with (Russell Jones) was absolutely brilliant.

Having had the machine for nearly a year,it has not missed a beat and is still as accurate as the the day it was set up.
The saw is a delight to use,as is the spindle.

It is quality gear at a price!
Also I bought a Hammer P/T (A3-41) off the "Bay" which was 3 years old and it is a monster of a planer.
Such was the secondhand value of the Felder/Hammer machinery,I will be upgrading the P/T to a Felder one very soon,so I for one have no issues with the company and will continue to buy from them.

I realise that other people have had problems,but I guess that can happen to any company,but I can only speak of my experience and also a friend of mine,who has a workshop full of the stuff! All the blue Felder as well lucky so and so.

Mark.

Back