Felder machines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubbus

Reaction score
Hi all.
Just found this site so am new to it ,had a good brouse through some of the forums and i am quite impessed ,also plenty of useful info.
One thing i did notice was the slagging of about Felder machines, now i have had 1 of these for 26 years with no problems at all, and was quite surprized to see one chap that i wont mention any names,( but anyone that has read the posts will know how i mean) stated that there was no ajustment at all on the planer take off table, now i dont know were he has got his info from but i think he should get his facts right before putting pen to paper as they say.I certainly do on mine and i am sure that i don't have a 1 off model, and by the way the machine that i am referring to is the BF5 26 .
Just thought that i would start with a gripe on my 1st post.
Chubbs. :D

i am currently using a Felder planer and that has NO cutter alignment on the outfeed table either ! Also if you want to gripe about machines please make sure you know what your talking about .

i used the felder 700 range for 2 years, not that many problems. only complaints are the aluminum parts but apart from that they always gave a good finish.

on another note i find your attitude to this person unnecessary, this could make people feel unwelcome here. I think maybe you have miss interpreted this post.

adidat

if we slag them, it is because they are rubbish. not just felder either. machines are disposable now. i'll take a shop of reconditioned 50 year old wadkins separates over my felder combi anyday.

jeff

Personally I'm begining to quite like felder machines I seem to spend a fair portion of my time repairing them thus helping me to grow my bussiness :D :D :D :D

Felder machines are great, we have the new format series at collage along with some of the others like the AD741 all fully adjustable in feed and out feed tables, had no problems with them so far, the best thing about Felder in my opinion is that they excel at customer service, if a machine brakes for any reason they will personally send out a engineer to come and fix it right away.

calum Griffiths":2j0nvped said:
, the best thing about Felder in my opinion is that they excel at customer service, if a machine brakes for any reason they will personally send out a engineer to come and fix it right away.

:-k
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:-k That was really funny

calum Griffiths":39pdd0x2 said:
the best thing about Felder in my opinion is that they excel at customer service, if a machine brakes for any reason they will personally send out a engineer to come and fix it right away.

you would expect so for what they cost the college, i take it you a first year. and your teacher is Con? he is an excellent teacher.

adidat

ProShop":3cs089p7 said:
calum Griffiths":3cs089p7 said:
, the best thing about Felder in my opinion is that they excel at customer service, if a machine brakes for any reason they will personally send out a engineer to come and fix it right away.

:-k

:-k That was really funny

:lol:

I'm not major fan.

I've got a Felder combi and love it , but I'd have seperate machines if I had the workshop space.
Not built like the old Wadkin stuff mind , but what is these days ? :(

Back