ez one system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, as a novice woodworker, I liked the idea of it, it seemed to offer lots of flexibility and is potentially safer than a table saw (don't wish to open a can of worms here, that's my opinion only). With one well designed bench you can cut, rout, plane, sand etc.

I started with the smart table and a few rails. Never built the smart table, used the rail system a few times, found that without decent material support it's a little fiddly. I have several projects I'd like to attempt, would require cutting and routing, and getting a bit carried away I ordered the parts for a power bench, just the bridge etc, I would build the bench.

Suffice to say other parts of my life have taken up alot of time and I haven't got round to building it yet.

Comments about the system itself. The products are constantly in evolution, you buy something today and they may change the design tomorrow as they found a better solution. There is a guinea pig element it seems to me to a lot of what they do. The finish of the product is very much small startup company. There are many devoted fans but I think you have to have somewhat of the pioneer spirit to really engage with the product. I suspect that the product is good, but you have to use it sufficiently and immerse yourself in it to perhaps begin to appreciate that, and what it can do.

I have concerns about accuracy, but again I think you need to be quite an experienced woodworker to get the best out of it, you need to understand your equipment and be willing/able to tweak. Admittedly I was using a green Bosch saw, I have bought a big, shiny Makita but still haven't got around to completely fitting the smart base. I hope that the better saw combined with decent material support on the power bench will improve the accuracy.

The other issue is that it takes quite a while to order and ship to the UK, so to me at least it loses somewhat of it's attraction which is to buy this and that and play around with designs for benches.

Also I found customer service to be a little patchy, I have a thread about it on their forum. It seems contact by email can be unreliable, you really have to call Dino directly if you want an answer or chase an order. That being said, he is very generous about sending free bits and bobs.

He is quite unwell and the company seems to be going through a transformation with fans of the product and some of the original 'beta testers' becoming more involved. His hope I think is that they can take the company to the next level, whether this will mean the innovation will slow down or be lost I don't know.

My advice, spend some time around their forum if you haven't already. Ask some questions - Dik and Burt are probably the most experienced with the product and are generally good about answering questions.

Hope that helps some.

stormtroopersse":muppba5d said:
anyone had any hands on with this system and if its any good.
http://www.eurekazone.com/content/ez-one

As a matter of interest what projects/applications have you in mind for this set-up.

Its a lot of mula for a few pieces of extruded Alu.

I have looked at the website and any product which aims to make its name by 'pi**ing in' on an established market, coupled with a US jury decision where the guards were off, is based on a bad premise.

Its this jury system that meant McD's have to tell you on the cup the coffee is hot.

The reason I ask about what the application is because it is horses for courses.
This is alright for cutting sheet material that has already been reduced down.

However it will be no use for ripping 3 to 4" lumber.

I have a hilti portable saw with 3m guide and 2 by 10' alu ladders, with a sacrificial sheet which I set up in the garden on trestles for reducing down sheets.
HTH

Carlow52":2koncb1h said:
As a matter of interest what projects/applications have you in mind for this set-up.

Ones that would otherwise require a tablesaw and router table

That's an individual's value judgement call

I have looked at the website and any product which aims to make its name by 'pi**ing in' on an established market, coupled with a US jury decision where the guards were off, is based on a bad premise.

Dyson?

The editorial is an independent review

Its this jury system that meant McD's have to tell you on the cup the coffee is hot.

Don't think anyone will argue with that in particular EurekaZone.

You're sure of that how? People use EZ to make panel saw systems with 16" circular saws

I don't really want to get into a debate about the system's pros and cons but you make sweeping assumptions without having researched the product, which is exactly the kind of entrenched viewpoint that EurekaZone are challenging.

Trouble may not have been the correct word but it looks like a situation that could easily escalate, given a miss placed comment or someone defending a vested interest.

However I don't want to trigger anything so excuse me if I'm miss reading the situation. I've no reason to get involved other than making a passing comment...

Carlow52":3e70f75r said:
stormtroopersse":3e70f75r said:
anyone had any hands on with this system and if its any good.
http://www.eurekazone.com/content/ez-one

Hi guys.
Carlow, If a product is bad no company is going to provide a free and open forum to the customers.
A small and new company can't effort to provide free tools for good reviews to many people. Only three members are receiving free tools but they work in other areas ( beta testing and product development) to payback and the same time they have to use "eurekazone's" name in their signature.

Imagine all traditional tools combined and made safe due o simple physics. Gravity is free and on the ez-one works with you and not against you. The bridge is a clamping/tracking device and you can position the wood anyway you like. Cross, rip and miter cuts are the same with the ez-one. The same time you can use the same setup as the ultimate track-router system and even as a duplicator/tracer mill.

Over 75 lbs and 10 years of designing/testing and improoving.
the same time you get a set of machined bridges ( B-300 )and many more machined components. Sliding brackets, stops, clamps, base, 70" track, etc.
If you go to your local machine shop to make one...you may have to pay 10-20 times more?

60.000 people have woodworking accidents every year and many of the accidents result in lost digits. For 7 years we don't have one accident reported...yet and we feel very good about it. That was our mission.

The reason I ask about what the application is because it is horses for courses.

I have a hilti portable saw with 3m guide and 2 by 10' alu ladders, with a sacrificial sheet which I set up in the garden on trestles for reducing down sheets.
HTH

I think you already know by now that the ez-one is more than one saw with a track in a table.
Why not try to see it like we do?
Like an inverted beam saw and a cnc router ...without the computer.
The ez software is your imagination and the first ever "OPEN DESIGN"
allows you to work the right way ( Your way)
and not based against fences and limitations.

Please, don't take me the wrong way but knowlege is not to be guarded as private property and fancy tools. It take me 25 years to see how lucky I was to have all my digits working the way I learned...

Peace.

ycf dino
eurekazone

eoinsgaff":3od8fbx5 said:
Why does this product continue to cause so much trouble on this forum...

Good question and time ( the Ultimate judge ) will tell.

But to tell you the true... the only trouble I see in this thread is comments like yours. I see no trouble with someone having the wrong idea about the ez-one. The only problem is avoiding the "trouble" to think?

Not that you're trying to cause any problems but human nature likes to avoid anything that may put their own "nature" in question ???

Something like that ... I think ???

peace and enjoy the weekend.
Just don't say anything against my Fiat. :twisted: :roll: :lol:

mixed faces? Simply the way I feel. :?

If You thought that I was trying to teach or sell here...
...wrong again. :lol:

Enjoy a nice poem put in music by Spiro.
Talks about searching for yourself and the possible reactions
if you find ...you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spiramus#p/u/34/cqM86SjqA_U

as a newbie and someone still learning, the question I have is this;

If the product is as good as advertised, and I am not commenting as to whether it is or not, then why do we not see it at the woodworking shows ?

I was at Ally Pally and I will be going to the european woodworking show, and I dont remember seeing the product there, and I cannot find it on the exhibitors list for next week.

I do remember seeing Clifton, veritas, Festool, and lots of others who encourage people to discuss their products, and make up their own mind.

If the product is as good as advertised it will withstand peer review, and flourish, if not, well, we have all see various products come and go...

My own views....

kmcleod":1bzvfm0o said:
as a newbie and someone still learning, the question I have is this;

If the product is as good as advertised, and I am not commenting as to whether it is or not, then why do we not see it at the woodworking shows ?

I was at Ally Pally and I will be going to the european woodworking show, and I dont remember seeing the product there, and I cannot find it on the exhibitors list for next week.

I do remember seeing Clifton, veritas, Festool, and lots of others who encourage people to discuss their products, and make up their own mind.

If the product is as good as advertised it will withstand peer review, and flourish, if not, well, we have all see various products come and go...

My own views....

probably because there isnt a Uk distro - so no one to take it to shows etc - I understand that two people have tried to set up as uk distros but both have gone **** up for one reason and another.

What i dont understand is why it isnt stocked by the big stores like axminster or yandles.

Also there does seem to be a lot of hooforaw about the EZ system, when its just a rail system - yes it may or may not be a good one, having not used it I couldnt really comment, but IMO there doesnt seem to be that much difference from the offerings from dewalt, makita, and mafell

kmcleod":qfq15xy3 said:
I will be going to the European woodworking show.

I will be at the show next week and if you want to see the EZ rails then I'd be happy to show you. Let me know and I can stick them in the car.

That goes for anyone else too.

wizer":2ng2tv1m said:
kmcleod":2ng2tv1m said:
I will be going to the European woodworking show.

I will be at the show next week and if you want to see the EZ rails then I'd be happy to show you. Let me know and I can stick them in the car.

That goes for anyone else too.

Tom, Visit the ez-forum next week to see a new ez invention.
With any size track, now we can cut any length.

The better news is that we will make the new device 100% universal.

No more wasted money on long$$$$$$$$$$$$ tracks.
Easy to transport and safe to use.

By not having to support our tablesaw profits...( we don't make one ) :wink:
We have to invent solutions and not marketing excuses.
This is the difference between a new company and old money.

The next logical step is to eliminate the tracks??? :idea:

The hymn of thought.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spiramus#p/u/4/EwAq4qt0SrY

YCF Dino":2u3g5cgl said:
Tom, Visit the ez-forum next week to see a new ez invention.

With any size track, now we can cut any length.

Which invention is this? Sounds interesting.

Back