Extra long regular twist drill bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People often remark about how decent the folk on this forum can be. Well young Jimmy-S up in bonny Scotland has again proved that fact in spades.

See the pictures. And look at the quality of the weld. Off the chart!

Jimmy, you have my thanks and gratitude Sir, what a very kind gesture. As soon as I get chance that will be treated to a very special handle.

I should add, such is the humility of the man he did this all through pm, not seeking any open kudos for the kind gesture. So sorry to expose you in this way Jimmy but your kindness does deserve to be noted.

Jimmys weld2.jpg
Jimmys weld1.jpg

Attachments

• Jimmys weld1.jpg
    Jimmys weld1.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Jimmys weld2.jpg
    Jimmys weld2.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 57
I know absolutely sweet fanny adams about welding. Understand and have huge respect for the end result but have never even tried doing it myself. It's one of those practical skills/equipment that is in my "really useful" category and one day I have promised myself I will get on board. As a nipper I spent a few summers working holiday jobs in a mate's Dad's engineering works and we used to grind the ugly bits of weld off military tank shells that he made. (It was a component of the chassis). Because of that experience I have some knowledge of what a good finish looks like and Jimmy's work is first class.

That's a tidy job extending that bit !
For future reference those types of drill with an extended reduced diameter shank are known as formwork drills
Matt

Brilliant. Formwork drills! I've often eventually found that what I need is readily available but without knowing the name for it was unsearchable!

Back