• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Everything

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really sorry to hear abput the theft, some incredibly kind offers.
The days when a tradesmens tools were sacred is long gone, we are being overtaken by the scumbags and it is really horrible when someone gets there tools stolen especially when they rely on them to make their living, I really feel for you...
Not sure those days ever existed - my Grandad had most of his carpentry tools stolen during the 2nd world war after a really bad accident at work. Only have a small collection of his tools now, few wooden moulding planes, and chisels.

The crowd funding option sounds an excellent one.

Last edited:
I have a 110v jig saw and a 110v Hilti hammer drill you are welcome to, I dont use them and I'm not far from London if you wanted to collect while your down this way

@ Slate1234 Sorry to hear that.
I spoke to a chap this week who had his van emptied of Dewalt tools. While he was inside a Selco for 15 mins in the middle of the day!

He went back instore, got the CCTV and reg number of the pineapples van within 15 minutes, rang the police and nothing happened apart from a crime number.

Really sorry about what’s happened, not that it will help.
Nor can I offer anything to help out - but I just really want to say how proud and humbled I am to be a member of a forum where fellow members are prepared to offer someone tools just for the cost of postage in times of need - exceptional offers and acts of kindness folks!

Padster

Just a thought, could we do a GoFundMe or something similar to help this gentleman get new tools without selling everything in his shop? I'd drop a donation in.

I'm in Canada so maybe better if someone in the uk sets it up, only takes 5 minutes
Great idea, I would also like to donate what I can, if someone knows how to set it up

I have a small hand grinder you are welcome to it if its any use to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg guys is this really happening I'm totally lost for words I just don't know what to say apart from thank you all of you, I am just lost for words x

To the future, when you get new tools look at Smartwater as an initial step, Home - SmartWater Shop this gives your items a unique chemical code that is registered to you, next step may seem a little drastic but works. Mark your tools with a brand, your initials or postcode and this may deface them slightly but it also devalues them to a potential scumbag. I worked for a company where some expensive gear had this strange ability to walk, anything from laptops to expensive test gear and the solution used was simple, we machined a range of branding irons to make permeant markings so the equipment was instantly recognisable and worthless to anyone else yet still fully functional to the company, who would want a disfigured laptop emblazioned with a company logo!

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear about your loss but I find this difficult to believe, surely the Company you were working for must have had insurance if you were working on site. Are you sure they haven't just told you that they didn't have insurance? I wouldn't be surprised if they were claiming for your tools & keeping the money for themselves.

happy to set something up on go fund or are we sending donations of pay pal? Pretty sure i have a 110v makita router that yours if you want it.

Really sorry to hear about your loss but I find this difficult to believe, surely the Company you were working for must have had insurance if you were working on site. Are you sure they haven't just told you that they didn't have insurance? I wouldn't be surprised if they were claiming for your tools & keeping the money for themselves.
Or not claiming at all so that it doesn't affect their premiums

I’ve got a 110v extension cable and reel if it helps.
it’s yours if you want it.
I’m on Stoke on Trent.

Last edited:
if they are his tools they won’t be covered by the companies policy. That’s pretty standard.

I'm very sorry to hear that this has happened and would like to donate a few quid as well. Have we got a way of making donations yet?

I managed to set up a UK fundraiser. Hopefully we can help slate1234 out.

https://gofund.me/31a7d839

@danst96 - Well Done!

@slate1234 - So sorry - it's the last thing anyone needs at this time.

@everyone - Roger Bisby is trying to raise the issue also. He has a channel on Yourtube - skillbuilder - maybe one louder voice is better than lots of quieter voice - especially when the next Mayorial or Police & Crime Commissioner elections next come round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back