Ever considered making a repro dining chair? How about 10?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doucette & Wolfe are one of many people I follow on YouTube, it's a shame to call it a reproduction as it conjures up a not so good copy, Graham if you haven't already may I recommend you watch all of their videos, the skill level is extremely high.

Stew

Fantastic video series from them

anyone care to think how long they would have taken to make?

1 man 1 week each? or is that too long for 10 off

and what sort of sum each? £1000 ish or more?

Ian

Excellent vid there!
Craftsmanship at it's best,Didn't he make it all look so easy? and that lovely ripple in some of the maple.
Well found, Thanks
Regards Rodders

Loads of wee tricks for getting the turned bits to match each other, loved that. I did wonder as well what the bill would have been, nice to see that there's still a market for quality workmanship.

Shug

Baldhead":1brqwhjm said:
Doucette & Wolfe are one of many people I follow on YouTube, it's a shame to call it a reproduction as it conjures up a not so good copy, Graham if you haven't already may I recommend you watch all of their videos, the skill level is extremely high.

Stew

You're welcome guys, have a search, as Bladhead says there are lots more.

Yes I've watched a lot of theirs Stew. Husband and wife team I believe. I have no idea what you need to charge to balance the books on a job like that.

This is incredible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLGXpqD2tMY

Without knowing how long it took to make and the price, so what?

I'm sure lots of people, if not most people, are capable of doing it. The crucial thing is how long does it take.

If he made these 10 chairs in a few days, that would be good work.

And in any case they're not "hand made", he used a band saw and probably other machines not shown in the vid.

Billy Flitch":16ijwmkn said:
Graham really enjoyed that, you have probably seen this before but because it is old school like me I thought I would post a link to hands,it comes in three parts.
the hands Shannon one design comes also in three parts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx2y7MAys20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx2y7MAys20

Watched the first 2 mins Billy, not got time now but will enjoy that later thanks. Anyone who wears a collar and tie to make furniture is serious! Thanks for the link.

Really enjoyed that video Graham. Great for encouraging us to use hand tools. His tools looked really really sharp :lol:

Thanks for sharing =D>

Regards Keith

Woodchips2":38ub24is said:
Really enjoyed that video Graham. Great for encouraging us to use hand tools. His tools looked really really sharp :lol:

Thanks for sharing =D>

Regards Keith

I think it's the skilful use of hand tools (that we all desire), that makes it so enjoyable.

JohnPW":obly1usv said:
Without knowing how long it took to make and the price, so what?

I'm sure lots of people, if not most people, are capable of doing it. The crucial thing is how long does it take.

If he made these 10 chairs in a few days, that would be good work.

And in any case they're not "hand made", he used a band saw and probably other machines not shown in the vid.

Not sure what your point is John?

Annoyingly talented...
The small plane use to make the reeding (?) on the edge of the legs looks homemade ? Has it got a name? are they easy to make ? what would you use for the blade and have you made one,

Thanks

davin

Back