Escutcheons

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomValente

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the dismal task of installing twenty spring (sprung) escutcheons, does anyone know a method of speeding up the process.

Dom

Line them up with a dap of mitre mate then screw them on .

Ive fitted ones that have the cover sprung so it always covers the keyhole rather than sticking up or flying round . Im assuming thats what Dom means .

Perhaps I have the wrong terminology, but they are those brass strips which are inserted into the timber and are the shape of the keyhole, a sort of inlayed keyhole surround.

Dom

Hi Dom,
OK, thanks. That sounds like an escutcheon to me :). I just wondered what the sprung bit was.

It's a long time since I've fitted one, but I seem to recall that a drilled hole and some careful work with a small chisel was the way I did it.

Cheers
Steve

I fitted some recently and used the drill press, 2 sizes of bit to suit, reference marks on fence and table as the drawer fronts were all the same size, very sharp chisel to ease down the ridge between the two holes and finally don't tap the escutcheons in the hole, use a clamp to squeeze/pull it in.
Took longer to type than actually do :)
beejay

http://community.webshots.com/user/eunos9

Latest posts

Back