Elektra Beckum HC 260 2200 WNB

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new user here!

I've inherited a significant amount of woodworking tools from my father in law, and one of the items is the above planer/thicknesser. I've powered on and aside from sounding a bit grouchy, it seems to work.

I want to get new blades and springs as I can see some nicks in it.

Searching around, I can see suitable blades on amazon and a few smaller sites for about £25 (can the unit have a spiral cutter head installed?). In terms of the springs (one has broken) where should I be looking to find a replacement?

Aside from those questions - should I carry on and renovate it, or sell and get a newer smaller Dewalt type unit?

Many thanks for your thoughts, always appreciated

These just seem to go on for years and years. My own one, I've had for just over 40 years and it's still going strong. They are noisy old machines but pretty robust. Lots of the Chinese clones are copies of this very successful design
If you are after a spiral blade then it will probably be cheaper to buy a planer with one already fitted, than to fork out lots of 'moolah' to find a compatible one for this particular machine. I've seen over a $1000 being quoted for a suitable kit.
As for the broken spring - Metabo are still making these planers and many of their parts still fit the old machine.

Thankyou Niall!

I've just finished watching a video of the Metabo HC 260 and looks basically the same:

Hopefully when the weather picks up here I will take it apart and give it the care it deserves. I've got an Elektra Beckum Bandsaw BAS 315 too. Ordered new blade and will give that treatment too

I won't talk about the molding machine or wood turning kit yet(!). The size of these things need a shed just for them

Back