electronic cigarettes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnluc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, anybody doing e cigarettes that can answer a few questions,
a.. can you refill all cartridges or do you buy special refillable ones
b.. are replacement cartridges universal or you have to buy from the same manufacturer
c.. are they any good.
thanks.

I've been using VIP e cig since 2nd week of Dec last year
Can't fault them
Don't have to crank start lungs in the morning
Saves money

Not had "proper" fag since starting e-cig and will start weaning off over time

Check tinterweb for VIP and try the re-fillable type as just as good in MHOP as cartridge type but work out cheaper

Hope this helps

M

cheers folks will have to research, would like to buy here in France but finding anything out of the norm here is like the quest for the Holy Grail, :lol:
johnluc.

M P Hales":z0oykann said:
I've been using VIP e cig since 2nd week of Dec last year
Can't fault them
Don't have to crank start lungs in the morning
Saves money

Not had "proper" fag since starting e-cig and will start weaning off over time

Check tinterweb for VIP and try the re-fillable type as just as good in MHOP as cartridge type but work out cheaper

Hope this helps

M
Hi MP. this is my 45th day without a real cig. I'm using the VIP cartridges and have gone from 40 Embassy no 1 per day to zero.
That was costing me around £16 per day.
Now I spend that per week.
Saving up for a 50" tv now, and getting very close to getting it.:lol:

johnluc":12qconqp said:
Hi all, anybody doing e cigarettes that can answer a few questions,
a.. can you refill all cartridges or do you buy special refillable ones
b.. are replacement cartridges universal or you have to buy from the same manufacturer
c.. are they any good.
thanks.
Hi John, meant to reply to you before last post. Must cut down on beer next.
a..Cartridges are non-refillable. Refillable are available.
b...Asfar as I know cartridges are not interchangeable.
c.. YES!

I was a smoker ever since I was about thirteen I'm getting close to sixty eight now and before I packed up I smoked rollups and lots of them. I decided to give it a try with the efags as I'd tried giving up before to no avail. First off I tried these http://www.skycig.co.uk They helped me cut down but I wasn't to happy with them so I tried these http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/the-ve-riva ... xe-kit~151 I found these far far better and am now a non smoker I had my last fag 28th august last year and hand on heart can't say I've missed smoking one little bit. It now costs me about nine pounds a week instead of god knows how much.
So I would say give it a go but don't give up if you don't get on with what you first try there are so many different ones out there so one of them WILL suit you
Best of luck

Ps I am typing this on an ash free keyboard and later I shall get into my car that has an ash free dash board with clothes on that don't have fag burns on them :D

thanks for all the replies guys, am definitely going to give it a go, think i will go for the larger ones (ego type) for most of the time and get the smaller type ciggy lookalike for social use, dont want to look like i've got a crack pipe in me gob when i go out. thanks again
johnluc.

Be aware that the e-cigs are not universally accepted.

Here in Nottingham, both of the main shopping centers have banned them and the Whetherspoon pub chain has also banned them from their pubs.

I think it's a bit sad that people are trying to modify their behaviour as society at large seems to have asked, but then are being scuppered by bureaucracy.

I read last week that there are moves afoot to class them as medicine (yes, the eu again), which will mean effectively that they will be withdrawn from sale, as it'll cost untold millions to prove their safety (even if it's possible). It makes you wonder whose side they're on.
Nicotine itself in minute doses is virtually harmless - it's the the rest of the tobacco byproducts that kill you.

Been clean for just over 4 months now and the only thing likely to get me puffing again is the flaming zealots and their nonsense!!!!!

phil.p":j178tt3o said:
I read last week that there are moves afoot to class them as medicine (yes, the eu again), which will mean effectively that they will be withdrawn from sale, as it'll cost untold millions to prove their safety (even if it's possible). It makes you wonder whose side they're on.
Nicotine itself in minute doses is virtually harmless - it's the the rest of the tobacco byproducts that kill you.

Can't help feeling that after "investigation and assessment" our politicians will realise the loss to the revenue from people using e-cigs is so substantial that instead of banning they'll decide to tax them not ban them :!: :twisted:

thaks guys for your replies, wouldn't suprise me at all if there banned or taxed, they will want to get in quick while the "vaping" community is still relatively small (approx 650,000) in the uk so won't have too much pressure applied, they wouldn't want the majority of smokers going over to e-cigs and losing millions in taxes.
johnluc.

I started back in the sixties and over the last few years I have made a few attempts at giving up, tried all sorts from patches to those e-cigs, for some reason they didn't work, they give you the impression that you still have a ciggy and are still smoking so the transition from e-cig back to a real one is far too easy, you say to your self 'these things are a waste of time' because on the packet it says you also need will power but tend to forget this and think the e-cig is supposed to be doing everything, what made it even more difficult was that 'er indoors smokes as well.
I have had all the lectures and advice from friends and after waking up in the mornings with a burning chest thought enough is enough so last June I decided to go cold turkey, tough it out and see where that got me.
I have not had a ciggy since last June and I think the difference is the line you make between smoking and not smoking, there is a clean break with no connection to smoking whatsoever, it wasn't easy, especially with my missus still smoking, a packet of ordinary chewing gum helped, a hit of peppermint was enough to take your mind off the craving and what you must remember is ' the craving will go away in a minute, I must hold out till then,' work day to day, don't think about tomorrow but think 'I didn't have one yesterday so I won't have one today' say to yourself 'don't give in, don't give in' tell your friends that you have stopped not that you are trying.
You will be sorely tempted but every time the craving hits you have to say 'no, no, no' find something to do quickly, the craving will soon go, pretty soon your sense of smell and taste will return and when you get near someone who is smoking you will realise just what you were doing.
It's been almost a year now and I do get the occasional craving but it is now easy to handle and I know that I would be a madman to pick up a ciggy after all this time.
You must realise that you are stronger and more powerful than the craving, if you can overcome it whenever it strikes then you are on to a winner, think of all the people who have done it before you and go for it, it will get easier, just don't give in.

Andy

I tried those e-cigs, but couldn't get on with them, what with the smell of acrid smoke and not being able to get them to light, I gave up.

Gary

good post Andy, and congrats on giving up, like you my missus smokes so its really hard when there are cigarettes in the house, so i thought if i've got an e-cig i can pick that up when the craving gets to me. i know it's an easy way out but at least i'll be smoking something that aint going to kill me.
johnluc.

Back