Einhell Crosscut Mitre Saw? - £176.19, ITS - Anyone???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
I flick through my new ITS catalogue each and every month, but with everything available elsewhere, advertised at total price including VAT, I've yet to purcahse a thing from them. Upon reading the latest issue, however, things could be set for a change...

http://www.itslondon.co.uk/pd_EIN240KGS ... treSaw.htm

76mm depth of cut, 430mm crosscut (great for small panels), good mitre capacities, 47degree bevel, fairly lightweight, complete with stand, 60tooth blade and laser line - all for only £149.95 (plus VAT, of course!).

Trouble is, I've not heard of Einhell before. And after I quick search of these forums, all I can dig up is a story of a customer previously losing an eye using one of their grinders; all of which were recalled by the company! :?

I know SiP have a pretty good name at this level, but has anyone else out there any experience of Einhell power tools?

---

I suppose the other option would be to use my Makita circular saw with something like this and clamp it all up:

http://www.itslondon.co.uk/pd_TCL7820_7 ... wGuide.htm

I'm pretty sure Screwfix also sell the same model, but again, I've no real confidence in the manufacturer. £40 seems awfully cheap for a jig...

I know, I can easily knock up a 90degree jig with some MDF, etc. And there's always the old 'clamp it up and measure the offset' routine, which I find can take too long when cutting numorous boards to size.

So, again, if anyone has any experience or knowledge of this piece of kit, please, I'd like to hear (well, read...) what you have to say.

Thanks,
Olly.

Neil, that's exactly what I though too.

But I've tried searching their website and catalogue but cannot find a single result?

Back