Earwigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobblycogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are there are lot of earwigs this summer. Our garden is completely filled with the little critters every pot / stone / stick I pick up must have a dozen lucking underneath it.

Assuming I'm not just going mad can anyone shed any light on why we have an earwig plauge?

wobblycogs":3sfw5bvo said:
Is it just me or are there are lot of earwigs this summer.

Haven't seen one at all this year :?

But flying ants??????? Almost every day for a fortnight now! The fish in the pond have never had it so good!

Roy

Got to agree, earwigs notable by their absence. Could I have mine back please, as you seem to be hording them, swap for a few slow worms its been a good year for those.

Gareth

wobblycogs":33hnxn1s said:
Is it just me or are there are lot of earwigs this summer. Our garden is completely filled with the little critters every pot / stone / stick I pick up must have a dozen lucking underneath it.

Assuming I'm not just going mad can anyone shed any light on why we have an earwig plauge?
Gloucester is the earwig capital of England :) - yes we also have an abnormal number!

t8hants":29wsbv7d said:
swap for a few slow worms its been a good year for those. Gareth

Gutted. Love slow worms. Only one we ever had was one the cat brought in! (unharmed).
Let it go across the fields out of the cat's domain.

Roy

we had a pet slow worm called sid, sweet thing lived for 20 years. my mum would be down the bottom of the garden every morning hunting for slugs to feed it.

something were having alot of is thunderbugs

adidat

We could do with a few earwigs down here to keep the mites, (Acarus siro) down. They are cutting the hay up the road and these little critters are everywhere at the moment.

In the garden this year I have noticed an increase in woodlice and red ants, maybe they like the mites too. :lol:

I'm staining the fence outside the last few days and loads of earwigs are crawling out of the crevices to get away from it.

Thunderbugs or Thrips are a real nusience.
We generally get them when they are growing cereals around us but this year it seems to be poppies?
I had to bug proof all are picture frames as the little blighters manage to creep under the glass onto the paintings!

Rod

Harbo":3uoayiu5 said:
Thunderbugs or Thrips are a real nusience.
We generally get them when they are growing cereals around us but this year it seems to be poppies?
I had to bug proof all are picture frames as the little blighters manage to creep under the glass onto the paintings!

Rod

Rod I have just checked the huge painting in the lounge and by Jeeves your right, there are about 50 or so little long black critters under the glass! I guess masking tape is a good way to keep them out? I will have to do it without the misuses finding out or she will demand the house be fumigated. :shock:

Latest posts

Back