Ear Defenders, help me choose

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mseries

Established Member
Reaction score
I need some new ear defenders for use when using hand held power tools. Circular saw, routers, multitool, sanders etc. I use a full face brow guard and visor along with my 3M half mask respirator. My current ear defenders will work with the visor though I'd prefer something easier to put on. (I don't want to buy a new visor with in built defenders) Are the ear defenders with a neck band as opposed to a head band any good, do they stay on OK ? what about protection levels - what do I need for short exposures using hand power tools ?

I recently got these;

JSP - Monaco Heavy Duty Ear Defender - EN 352-1 - SNR 36 - [JS-AEA090-027-500] @ £14.95

from;

thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk

for exactly the use you describe.

I am delighted with them, esp at that price

HTH

Greg

I use Peltor Optime 2 with a neck band, very comfortable, excellent noise suppression and they never move once on.

Shug

Mine: SILENTA MIL

Made in Finland
http://www.silenta.com/products/hearing ... il-ii.html

The same as were used in the production factory I worked in. There is presently a new version, the MIL II.

Although designed for shooting and military purposes, they are very effective in an industrial production environment; light, relatively unobtrusive earpieces, folding.

G.

Give disposable ear plugs a go, far more comfortable especially when you have a respirator or goggles on.

Back