DWS535

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincs1963

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody else have any experience with these saws? Just interested to hear others opinions. I have just bought a new one and have used it for a week now and I have to say it's the best (for me) circular saw I have used in30 years. Blade on the left so for a right handed user the view of the blade and cutting line is excellent. Really clean cuts with the thin kerf blade and almost 3 inch depth of cut from a 7 1/4" blade.

Where did you buy it from?

I have two saws similar to your Dewalt and I agree that they're better than any conventional circular saw.

Mark

Imported from CPO Outlets in the US. Ten days to deliver. Also bought 5 diamond arbor blades, genuine Dewalt ones for about thirty quid inc delivery.

How did you go about importing? Their website says they don't deliver internationally.

Cheers

James

If you shop via their ebay store they belong to the global shipping program. What this means is the price you pay is all you pay including postage import duties etc. The other advantage is that if you use ebay you will know that ebay and paypal are totally biassed towards the buyer, so should anything go amiss you are guaranteed a refund.
I have bought a lot of kit from the US and never had any problems. No doubt someone will be along to tell you that US kit will not operate properly on our 110volt site suppy, but I have a router that I have been using for over 20 years.
I have 3 routers, 1 drywall screwdriver, 1 flooring screwdriver, 1 worm drive saw and various dewalt cordless bits and pieces. There are good savings to be made for just swapping a plug!

I've always been wary of buying tools from the USA because the manufacturer will likely not honour the warranty if something goes wrong.

Although it's not their problem if the tool breaks some time in the future, will eBay and PayPal intervene if it arrived from the USA not as described or faulty?

Mark

I cannot say with 100% certainty, but ebay and paypal have driven a lot of sellers away by siding with the buyer almost exclusively.
I have never had any issues with overseas purchases and I have done business with the US, Latvia, Lithuania (ice hockey kit from the last two) Italy spain etc. The only problems I have ever had have been with UK sellers.
Also the returns policy is on the sellers ebay page.
As a member of the global shipping program the seller is only responsible for getting the package to their international distribution centre. From their the rest is taken care of by US customs etc.
I can appreciate that you may have some concerns but I can only share my experiences which have all been good.

Latest posts

Back