Dustcollection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pieter9

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being too critical, but the dust extraction of my jigsaw leaves something to be desired.
I have a Hegner jigsaw with a Proxxon vacuum cleaner. I have to do the sawing with hearing protection, but despite that the amount of saw dust under the machine is quite a lot.
What are your experiences and possible solution?

What you need on your Hegner is this:
Schermafdruk van 2023-01-30 23-06-21.png

Then connect te vacuumcleaner to it and it works like a charm!
It is also possible to mount the blowhose there so it sucks also from the top.

Thank you for your comment. I already have this on my Hegner, bought new in 2022 but I am not satisfied with the amount of dust that remains behind. I have also mounted an alternative version but that is not quite you either. I am now going to make this version after consultation with hegner.
IMG_0934.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpeg
    IMG_0040.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
Thas sounds very strange to me. I use the same and totally no dust escapes from the big sucker.
Can your problem be caused by the upperside of the sawdeck? Do you blow the sawdust away there or also use suction?

Edit: nm, i see you have a big suctionpipe on top.

Noise is an issue with the vacuums.
I run an old 1600w and then also a 3000w industrial which I connect to the TP and router table.
Not measured the db's, but I do wear ear muffs.

Yeah, "the" problem I find is the noise most vacuum cleaners make - including mine. But I must say that dust collection on my Excalibur 21 is very good, leaving only a fairly small amount of dust on the bench under the bottom blade clamp. BUT, that IS with the vac running. Without, it get's fairly dusty, depending on the wood being cut. If you can't place the vac outside - I can't - there doesn't seem to be much of an answer, though apparently, if you're in the market for a new vac, apparently Henry makes at least one pretty quiet model. But my Kaercher? LOUD.

I placed the vacuum cleaner in a box lined with 2 cm thick Styrofoam. The vacuum cleaner delivers 80 db as standard, 69 db in the box. There is a slide on the mouthpiece, I opened that and now it delivers 52 db with sufficient suction power for jigsaws.

I made my Hegner similar to yours. It is in my garage (in a freezing cold!) with the vacuum cleaner in the next room.

Attachments

• Hegner scrollsaw1.jpg
    Hegner scrollsaw1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
At school we ran our Hegners from our storeroom piped dust extraction to the underside of each machine. This meant a fabricated metal box with a grill top. At the end of a 60 minute lesson the area was remarkably clean.
On my home machine I do not use extraction. I replaced the clear brittle and split bellows below the lower arm with a far better after market black silicon rubber version. The difference upon doing this was amazing.
I bought it from this company on e-bay for £19.50 a couple of years ago. Security measure They do not appear to be advertising stock any more and the only one I can find is this one in America through e-bay. The cost would be prohibitive.

Colin

edit. They might still have them Hegner Scroll Saw Replacement Bellows Fits All Hegner Models - Buy & Sell Tools & Machinery - UK | Ostia Tools

Last edited:
Back