Dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought myself a Sheppach HA1000 dust extractor and used it for the first time this morning. Although I've been around, and using timber biggest part of my 85 years I'm only a novice with band saws and home woodworking. I've only got a 8'x8' shed to work in and when I switched the extractor on, wow, far too noisy for me in that space although I had ear plugs in and ear defenders on, even the old Dutch said she could hear indoors.
So it looks like I'm stuck with a brand new extractor that I'm not going to be able to use. I have to say though, when it was working it certainly did the job it was meant too.
I've rigged up my workshop vacuum with the nozzle, cable tied just under the cut for the time being

Do you have the space to build a sound proofed enclosure on the outside of your shed ?,it is what i did with my extractor,saves the lug holes from getting a bashing and gave a lot more space inside.my good lady informs me that it cannot be heard in the house so it was a winner for me:)

I would think any simple structure outside your shed would make life a lot better, even a dustbin with holes to maintain airflow would help. I just use ear defenders when I need to use it, but don't find it is needed with my bandsaw.

Do you have the space to build a sound proofed enclosure on the outside of your shed ?,it is what i did with my extractor,saves the lug holes from getting a bashing and gave a lot more space inside.my good lady informs me that it cannot be heard in the house so it was a winner for me:)
Hi Mark, What material did you use to make the sound proof box?

Just a simple timber frame and timber cladding with 50mm Recticel insulation board lining the inside,Kingspan and other makes of insulation board in various thicknesses are available,i just used leftovers from insulating the workshop.

If you bought online, you have an absolute right to return it if you give the seller notice within 14 days of you receiving it.
If you bought from a store, there isn't the same automatic right but they may still have a returns policy.

Back