Dust extractor fittings above 4"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigs

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title implies, are there any good sources for 5" adaptors/fittings/hoses? im having trouble finding anything.

Specifically I have 2 requirements

1) To run a flex hose from the extractor to my bandsaw (dual 4")
for this ill need:
5" flex hose
2 5" cuffs
5" > 2x 4" Y adaptor
I have the 4" stuff for this

2) Flex hose to PT
5" flex hose
2 5" cuffs
5" > 4" reducer

I don't know why these aren't common considering people seem to be buying bigger extractors with options of dual 4" inlets or a single bigger 5"/6" inlet

Or maybe the RONA is affecting my ability to google :/

Cheers

dustspares do the 125mm hose. Possibly have some of the other bits too.
they have hose, which is the easiest bit to find the real issue is finding the fittings of which they don't have on their website

They fit the flexi pipe just the same, that is what I use them with. I don't think you will find anything above 4" in plastic.

They fit the flexi pipe just the same, that is what I use them with. I don't think you will find anything above 4" in plastic.
bloody fantastic! well that just fixed my 1st world problem, ill get ordering, cheers.

I’m just starting to think ahead about a ducting system in a yet to be finished workshop. Question is: is a metal piped system favoured over a plastic piped system ?. There’s a few suppliers out there selling all plastic pipes and fittings systems that seem quite reasonable or a bit better price wise than metal systems.

I’m just starting to think ahead about a ducting system in a yet to be finished workshop. Question is: is a metal piped system favoured over a plastic piped system ?. There’s a few suppliers out there selling all plastic pipes and fittings systems that seem quite reasonable or a bit better price wise than metal systems.
from my understanding, above 4" metal is the way to go, smoother transitions at the joints etc, but I think it also needs earthing and sealing.

Latest posts

Back