Dust extractor advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickCheese

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all

I have just acquired a used Coral dust extractor. It is 1600 m3/h, has a single bag and on wheels.

It has a three way input manifold with inbuilt blast gates, there is two flexible hoses into two if the inputs, on the end of one is a large scoop about 300mm across and 25mm wide. I assume for a lathe or bandsaw type of machine.

It is huge, standing near to 3m tall and that may be a problem as my small workshop has a low ceiling height.

Can I reduce the height by folding over the upper cloth bag? If I do will that cause me problems? If I just allow it to reach the ceiling and top out will that cause a problem?

Should I just sell it and get a smaller one with a single input and not so tall?

I cannot post pictures from work but will do soon.

Mick

MickCheese":f1yd6v0n said:
Hello all

I have just acquired a used Coral dust extractor. It is 1600 m3/h, has a single bag and on wheels.

It has a three way input manifold with inbuilt blast gates, there is two flexible hoses into two if the inputs, on the end of one is a large scoop about 300mm across and 25mm wide. I assume for a lathe or bandsaw type of machine.

It is huge, standing near to 3m tall and that may be a problem as my small workshop has a low ceiling height.

Can I reduce the height by folding over the upper cloth bag? If I do will that cause me problems? If I just allow it to reach the ceiling and top out will that cause a problem?

Should I just sell it and get a smaller one with a single input and not so tall?

I cannot post pictures from work but will do soon.

Mick
Sounds like a good piece of kit. I think tinkering with the top bag is going to affect performance, I 'spose the only way to test it to try it out. I'd get a bit of string, close off the upper bag at the right height and see what happens when you switch on - Rob

If it works the way I assume the upper bag is a filter and should work if refitted at an angle if that would solve the height problem.

Roy.

Back