dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druster

Established Member
Reaction score
hi there, I know this is a much abused topic, but I need an extractor for my workshop,
I was using a second hand 1hp cloth bag extractor that has blown up.
I now need something proper to replace it.
I am not going to install a system yet but will once I move workshop so I have to bear that in mind,
I have looked at the cyclone systems too expensive.
It needs to be able to handle planer chippings and fine dust from table saw and bandsaw etc.
firstly any recommendations and secondly has anyone used these
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axmi ... -23678.htm
or
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axmi ... -23254.htm
I know the first one needs another extractor but I could just use a camvac type for that.
I really feel the need to get the really fine dust so need to bear that in mind,
many thanks,
Dru

For general work, table saw planer thicknesser etc you can`t go far wrong with a Scheppach HA2600. and it cyclones too ! just watch the chippings spinning in the sack... Its a very efficient unit, good for 30 foot extraction with no suction drop.
I have an HA2600 coupled up to a 10" tablesaw a 10" planer thicknesser and a table router, all by drops from overhead 4" pipe over about 20 foot to furthest machine and controlled / isolated by blast gates, ( Its not very often you will be using every machine at the same time !~)
I also have an Axminster ADE1100 bought cheap when they were ending the model, its OK but nowhere near the Scheppach in performance and I have that coupled up exclusively to a DeWalt 721 RAS.
Also had a new Record tin can twin brush motor affair on a Fox 10" saw ( the cast one, not the bench one)and I would find it hard to recommend the Record because of the noise, the fiddly emptying and filter changing and the fact that you only know it full and blocked when it screams even louder, loads the workshop with dust and the hose is clogged tight with chippings. No fun
I got my HA2600 years ago on Ebay for £120:00 and it may be second hand but its very effective and robust and I saw one a week or so ago on E bay go for £72:00 And this model did get a "best on Test" from Good Woodworking mag even though some on here have their doubts about the integrity of these awards .
PS the HA2600 I got from Ebay included the huge pleated fine filter cartridge as well,

Back