Dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aritoni

Established Member
Reaction score
can someone out there give me some advice please. i recently saw a JET air filtration unit which was ssupended from a ceiling. my girlfriend wants to buy it for me for my birthday - does anyone have any experience with this system. the fact of being able to suspend it from the ceiling attracts me to it for the floor saving factor.

thanks for you assistance

Hi Aritoni,

I have used the Jet and a couple other brands of these filtration units over the years.

They make for a great means to remove airborne dust. What they don't do is of course is work for dust/chip collection from machines--unless they have a new model I am unaware of.

There is a maker of a smallish chip collection unit which attaches to a wall, but the maker escapes me at the moment.

Take care, Mike

Hi Aritoni,

I personally own the JET AFS 500, and would like to say i`m very happy with its performance...it does have a bigger brother, being the JET AFS 1000b but a little too big for my humble workshop...

but as I said, I cannot find fault with my JET AFS 500, and the nice clean air it provides :D
and the upside, on those hot sticky days in the workshop it acts almost like air conditioning :D

hi aritoni, glad you are thinking about cleaning the air, but you do actually need to think about two kinds of air movement. that to get rid of the
dust and chippings as you are working, and that like the
jet which removes that which has escaped into the air.

they are different, and the jet will not capture all that you make on the
job, for instance routing, or planing, that requires a different type of
extraction.

paul :wink:

Back