Dust extraction hose and fittings.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutley Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello.

This has probably been asked many times before so if it has been can someone direct me with a link.

I have a portable shop vac and dust deputy. I need to buy some hose and adaptors to connect these up to a table saw, router table, mitre saw and bandsaw.

Can someone give me a good link on where to purchase these items. I would like gates In it so i can close off machines as I go.

Thank you all.

There are now some links below. Don't even consider using plastic pipes is my advice. If you google Dust Spares they have good prices but a damaging delivery service via Tuffnells.

you need to decide which way you want to go with extraction.
Either have one portable machine and keep the hose length to an absolute minimum, or plumb your workspace with rigid pipework and blast gates for each machine.
Any attempt to have half and half is doomed to failure.

If youre using hose, again, keep it as wide and as short as possible because the ridges in the hose cause massive friction and reduction of vacuum.
If youre plumbing the workshop you want pipes as large as you can fit in, and theres no point having 4 or even 6" pipework if your extractor only has 2" inlet.

Decision time.....

I made some recently from fizzy drinks bottles...look ugly, but free and work well. Just cut a cylinder from a coke bottle, put over the nozzles together and heat to shrink on.

D0174834-3710-4-FE6-B260-41576-CA35256.jpg

3-CCF8-F77-F214-4402-8882-EC2-BDC44-C569.jpg

Mutley Racers":ti4nklrk said:
Hello.

This has probably been asked many times before so if it has been can someone direct me with a link.

I have a portable shop vac and dust deputy. I need to buy some hose and adaptors to connect these up to a table saw, router table, mitre saw and bandsaw.

Can someone give me a good link on where to purchase these items. I would like gates In it so i can close off machines as I go.

Thank you all.

I found this very useful Dust hub

And these good for supplies

Hi all and thanks for the links and all the advice.

You are right, I actually need to just have a portable machine for now with an adaptor that just fits each machine.

Will a Hoover using a dust deputy be ok to connect onto a 100mm bandsaw though.

Will a Hoover using a dust deputy be ok to connect onto a 100mm bandsaw though.
I think you know the answer, dont you? :roll:
It will collect some, it will not collect all.
If the bandsaw has 2 ports ignore the lower one behind the bottom wheel, blank it off. Connect the extractor to the one under the table. Thats where 805 of the dust will flow out from. Every so often open the bottom door and vacuum out the accumulated dust.
But dust extraction is THE most important issue in a woodworking workshop. Breathing wood dust is more serious than a miner breathing coal dust. it will rot your lungs and destroy your life.
Dont cheapskate on it.

Back