Dust extraction accessories

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azk404

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Anyone got a good good website with an assortment of dust extraction pipes/connectors/blast gates other than the stuff on Axminster which seems to be so much money for what it is?

I need something to run from a 1.5hp extractor up and across the walls into various machines. I don't mind if its clear or not just something on the cheaper end.

Cheers
A

Cheap doesnt go with dust extraction 🤣
Theres ductfix, who are good..... but it costs. Clear ribbed pipe will rob you of performance in a big way. Unfortunately if you want success youve gotta buy the kit

For the school workshops we used to deal with Fercell and PJ, both based in Kent. They used to make and sell anything from large commercial shop set-ups to small scale extractor stuff.

Colin

Brown soul pipe 110mm and blast gates from Charnwood 100mm

Have a look here for an idea what to do
Think Axminster do a soil to 100mm adaptor

Made a post, got busy and then forgot :)

Thanks for the info. I think Charnwood fixtures seem pretty decent and as its a small shop I shouldn't need to much to start.

Does anyone know if Charnwood connectors can fit any type of 100mm pipe, plastic or spiral metal, as it seem like that's the only really expense that adds up from them or Axminster?

a mate with a 3d printer comes in handy, ive a drawerful of plastic fittings that dont fit anything, i always end up cutting down 110mm diameter soil pipe lengthways and regluing with tape and epoxy, drives me mad how nothing fits anything. just got a camvac and despite it being nearly 450 quid, the two short lengths ofsilencer hose to go onto the exhaust ports are "an optional extra" 63mm spiral hose is too large, so im gonna have to bodge something up as usual.

I use the small push fit plumbing pipe fittings for my power tool and smaller machine extraction - which goes via the shop-vac. They are very cheap like £1 each and I just fit one of them to the outlet of each tool and machine, then my extraction hose can be swapped around into each machine as needed. Sometimes this requires a 3D printer person like @curryjunkie said above. If you look on facebook there are a lot of people offering printing services fairly cheap

The only machine which I currently own that gets proper extraction from the chip extractor is my planer/thicknesser. It copes fine using the flexible hose stuff.

Back