Duckboards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Araldite can be unglued with heat. 70 degrees is sufficient to soften it nicely. :giggle:

Sorry, not IME. Disagree. NOT if it's the "original" stuff and has been prepped as above, and allowed to cure completely (that can take more than 24 hours in some environments). But it'll take a LOT more than 70 deg to even soften once fully cured.

Not wishing to digress too much from the original thread, but I've encountered problems with Araldite on many occasions. I use it to glue the ferrules and mouth pieces on the whistles I make and have to be extra careful when trimming to length or shaping the mouthpieces. if the metal gets too hot when using the belt sander they come loose, irrespective of the length of time they have had to cure

Not wishing to digress too much from the original thread, but I've encountered problems with Araldite on many occasions. I use it to glue the ferrules and mouth pieces on the whistles I make and have to be extra careful when trimming to length or shaping the mouthpieces. if the metal gets too hot when using the belt sander they come loose, irrespective of the length of time they have had to cure

OK niall Y: With respect, let's agree to disagree - my own experience certainly isn't the same as yours. Leave it at that eh? The OP can make his own mind up. :)

Back