Driving standards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad drivers? That's nuttin'. Over here we've got protesters with 6' Union Jack flags standing in a long line down the white line in the centre of a main carriageway, on a commuter route....in the Rush Hour..... ](*,) ](*,)

Sam

In my humble opion I think all drivers are poor at the best of time....me included and I have done the Met Police Advanced Driving course (ex Paramedic) also defensive/offensive driving.

The prolem as I see it is too many cars on the road, too many old drivers, too many young drivers and forigen drivers. Once people get their license, there is no support to ensure that all drivers remain at a decent standard. For one I would back compulsory five yearly driving tests. I would also back life bans with no chance of ever getting your license back. But as we all know the sucessive spinless governments have allowed this to happen and it wont change anytime soon. Then there is the question of the standard of the cars, i.e. roadworthyness. So as far as I can see it is not just HGV drivers but all drivers the cause problems and yes there are some really good drivers out there, but alas they are becomming far and few between.

Ask yourself this, when was the last time you bought a current edition of the highway code and read it????? Food for thought.

These are my own opions and no politician was harm in this mini rant :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

riclepp":3s82dbje said:
In my humble opion I think all drivers are poor at the best of time....me included and I have done the Met Police Advanced Driving course (ex Paramedic) also defensive/offensive driving.

The prolem as I see it is too many cars on the road, too many old drivers, too many young drivers and forigen drivers. Once people get their license, there is no support to ensure that all drivers remain at a decent standard. For one I would back compulsory five yearly driving tests. I would also back life bans with no chance of ever getting your license back. But as we all know the sucessive spinless governments have allowed this to happen and it wont change anytime soon. Then there is the question of the standard of the cars, i.e. roadworthyness. So as far as I can see it is not just HGV drivers but all drivers the cause problems and yes there are some really good drivers out there, but alas they are becomming far and few between.

Ask yourself this, when was the last time you bought a current edition of the highway code and read it????? Food for thought.

These are my own opions and no politician was harm in this mini rant :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

True,

Everybody thinks they are the best drivers and that every other drivers are bad drivers, people tend to copy others like sheep so if we see someone not indicating at a roundabout we think "so why should I?" well if we all tried to be a bit more 'helpful' and courteous (it cost's nothing) then maybe other drivers might say "that was good of him/her, I think I'll do that"

How many times have we mouthed off at other drivers and how many times has other drivers mouthed off at us? now there's a question that you can only guess at, maybe if we knew the answer we would be a bit more tolerant of each other, after all, we are all entitled to use the road so let's all calm down when driving, be a bit more tolerant (people make mistakes) and make a bit of space for each other, nobody owns it.

Andy

Latest posts

Back