Dovetail Jig tip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promhandicam

Established Member
Reaction score
After reading up about different options on this forum I recently bought the Trend CDJ300 jig as I want to make up some draws and would like to do a proper job (for once) :roll:
Having read the instructions and had a little play it seems that much of the time spent producing the dovetails is in the setting up. I therefore had the idea -quite possibly not original - that it would be quicker to cut the various components for the draws deeper than I want, then after routing the dovetails I can rip the parts down on the table saw and voila I can get 2 or 3 draws for the price of one (so to speak). There may well be a flaw in this idea and I'd be happy to be put right but for parts being made from ply it would seem to be the quickest approach. In a way I'm sad that I didn't pay the extra and get the CDJ600 - it had to fit in my suitcase to get it back here to Togo - as it would obviously be possible to do multiple draws at a time. :lol:

Thanks again for all the great advice and ideas - it is very much appreciated.

Steve

Latest posts

Back