Doors that do your nut in !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Some may remember i had to remake these around the beveled glass
DSC00088.jpg

Well i thought it was going to be easy but it was very tedious and fustrating at times .
DSC00154.jpg

](*,)
DSC00146.jpg

:roll: ](*,) ](*,)
DSC00159.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

Starting the raised and fielded panel , i left these loose as the moulding will hold them in and although it is exterior MDF if it needs to be changed it will be easy without the rebate into the door stiles and rails .

A really nice job Jason, but taking longer than planned? Been there myself many times.

I hope it's worth your while (financially), but either way its certainly a learning experience at the end of the day.

It will be nice to see the finished product installed.

Best of luck.

Tony

Looking good Jas, shame you couldn't have talked them into using hardwood for a longer lasting job.

BTW is that MR MDF or exterior as it looks green in the pic not grey like the exterior stuff?

Jason

It does look like MR but trust me it is exterior . The job is part of a porch and the price is tight anyway so hardwood was a no go . Still the last softwood porch lasted 100 years .

Shhhhhhhhh that was a secret Dave :lol: It's still not back here so no work has been done apart from finding all the bits stolen from her .
Anyway here is Flare a Kestrell 22 . The first of her class .
DSC00161.jpg

Woooaah, I am really impressed, this is a nice porch you are making. Beats the PVC square, granny looking you see everywhere.
Well done.

JFC - that's a terrific looking job! I love it. Please make sure you post a piccie of the finished article. :)

It's taking a while but it's a worth while job i think and i'm actually enjoying it now .
The whole area has or would of had porches like this but most have been replaced with bog standard joinery . It would'nt take alot to add a few nice touches to those .
DSC00183.jpg

That's a pucka job. I would imagine that it will generate a good deal more business for you.

That is an excellent job mate no wonder you have been quiet.
I take it you did the porch as well.
The detail on the top lights is stunning
Puts my woodwork to shame :oops:

Andy

At last the customer has got the iron mongery sorted and the decorator / builder has nearly finished :roll: . The stained glass also turned up today so thats my bit done :D

DSC00308.jpg

Dragged on a bit but not my fault .........for once :lol:

Back