DOL (direct online starter switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Help just bought this switch DOL (direct online starter from machine mart for my startrite table saw 275 compatible with my motor
So where do i install the wires from the motor and power supply this is what;s on the switch
on the top 1/l1 3/l2 5/l3
and on the bottom 2/11 4/12 5 /13
so my question is what goes where . And from the motor to ?
and from the mains plug to ?
confused :? :? :?
mock

Does this help?

Removed picture as its a bit of a confusing one.

If not, what's the dol model number?

Can anyone help me wire my dol direct online starter switch i;m a little nervous of electric i.m posting 2 photo's any help would be appreciated Mock

these are what;s on the switch

on the top 1/l1 3/l2 5/l3
and on the bottom 2/11 4/12 5 /13

Attachments

• DSCF7609.JPG
    DSCF7609.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCF7612.JPG
    DSCF7612.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 208
Can't view your images clearly (partially in shadow & out of focus), but I think you have misread the terminal idents.

To me they read as:-

Attachments

• DOL.jpg
    DOL.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 196
I would suggest that the wiring details required are :-
DOL2.jpg

Attachments

• DOL2.jpg
    DOL2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 207
I can't advise on the wiring apart from google images for diagrams or youtube videos or the manufacturers website/instructions.

I'm having some major wiring issues myself with 3 phase stuff.

I find that having a 3 foot long pointy stick for the first turning ons feels a little reassuring.

Nathan

First numbers only ignoring the L and T numbers.

Connect the incoming live to terminal 1 and the incoming neutral to terminal 5.

Put a link wire between terminal 3 and terminal 2.

Connect the motor to terminals 4 and 6.

Just a quick check does it make any difference where the live and neutral go from the motor as you said terminal 4 and 6 any order ???

mock":1zb572r7 said:
Just a quick check does it make any difference where the live and neutral go from the motor as you said terminal 4 and 6 any order ???
Yes, sorry I omitted that.

Motor live to 4, motor neutral to 6.

Would have replied sooner but having internet problems at work.

nathandavies":1wx8etki said:
I can't advise on the wiring apart from google images for diagrams or youtube videos or the manufacturers website/instructions.

I'm having some major wiring issues myself with 3 phase stuff.

I find that having a 3 foot long pointy stick for the first turning ons feels a little reassuring.

Nathan
Out of interest, what 3 phase issues are you having?

I v;e got a problem i keep tripping the electric so iv;e either wired the switch up wrong or the motor ill open the motor again in the morning :oops: :oops:

mock":n9kasd7j said:
I v;e got a problem i keep tripping the electric so iv;e either wired the switch up wrong or the motor ill open the motor again in the morning :oops: :oops:
Does it trip instantly or when you press start on the motor?

i think i have wired the motor wrong { the start switch was on and when i put the switch on the plug she blew so i had another go this time with the starter switch off and as soon as i pressed the starter it blew again ??? but when i wired the motor up the 1st time and straight to the plug she blew the fuse although i only had a 10 amp fuse in the plug so i thought it was the fuse at the time ill double check in the morning :oops: :oops:

You cannot expect to start a 3 hp single phase motor on a 13 amp plug. You need a dedicated higher current circuit with possibly a 20 amp type C mcb to stand a chance of reliable operation.
Possibly best to get it installed professionally.

Myfordman":1s8g3rng said:
You cannot expect to start a 3 hp single phase motor on a 13 amp plug. You need a dedicated higher current circuit with possibly a 20 amp type C mcb to stand a chance of reliable operation.
Possibly best to get it installed professionally.
Ah, I didn't realise it was a 3 hp motor.

Myfordman is right. 3hp motor would be somewhere around 17 or 18amps depending on motor type and efficiency. With a start up current maybe 6 times the run current (hence myfordman suggesting a type C mcb).

Easiest way would be using its own circuit on a commando socket.

This is the motor i bought ???

Attachments

• DSCF7604.JPG
    DSCF7604.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF7607.JPG
    DSCF7607.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts

Back