Adding a remote switch to my dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onelife

Reaction score
Dear All
I am aware that this subject has been discussed on numerous occasions so I apologise for bringing the subject up once again!! I am looking to see if I can fit a wireless remote switch (pictured) into the NVR switch wiring of my dust extractor? Specifically I would like to retain the thermal cutout feature of the motor.
I have attached a picture of the NVR switch. Standard KJD17B 5 pin type.
I have also attached the wiring diagram for this model.
I have already tried to attach this remote switch relay on the motor side of the switch - short cable from 14 to N ac input and short cable from 24 to L ac input and then short cables from the ac N and L outputs on the remote switch to the blue and brown/white leads respectively. From the wiring diagram my understanding is the two white wires (one combined with live out to motor at 24 and one connected to the A1 pin on the NVR) are part of the thermal cut out function and E-stop. When I tried this set up I still had to press the green NVR on button and then at the same time press the remote switch on button. This is obviously not what I am after. Should I be connecting the A1 white wire from the motor to the brown/white combined wires to complete the circuit and keep that circuit energised???
Many thanks for your considerations
Kim

Attachments

• 69E315D1-FF98-419B-BFD6-F43FE420DC20.jpeg
    69E315D1-FF98-419B-BFD6-F43FE420DC20.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AFBE8E18-E370-4F4C-BFE9-5D798B2DB855.jpeg
    AFBE8E18-E370-4F4C-BFE9-5D798B2DB855.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • EC3F1DF0-F8C0-4D9B-949C-93DD7092C9D4.png
    EC3F1DF0-F8C0-4D9B-949C-93DD7092C9D4.png
    949.2 KB · Views: 0
Dear All
I am aware that this subject has been discussed on numerous occasions so I apologise for bringing the subject up once again!! I am looking to see if I can fit a wireless remote switch (pictured) into the NVR switch wiring of my dust extractor? Specifically I would like to retain the thermal cutout feature of the motor.
I have attached a picture of the NVR switch. Standard KJD17B 5 pin type.
I have also attached the wiring diagram for this model.
I have already tried to attach this remote switch relay on the motor side of the switch - short cable from 14 to N ac input and short cable from 24 to L ac input and then short cables from the ac N and L outputs on the remote switch to the blue and brown/white leads respectively. From the wiring diagram my understanding is the two white wires (one combined with live out to motor at 24 and one connected to the A1 pin on the NVR) are part of the thermal cut out function and E-stop. When I tried this set up I still had to press the green NVR on button and then at the same time press the remote switch on button. This is obviously not what I am after. Should I be connecting the A1 white wire from the motor to the brown/white combined wires to complete the circuit and keep that circuit energised???
Many thanks for your considerations
Kim
I have the arrangement you are aiming for on my system. The difference is that I am switching via a DOL contactor rather than a NVR. My contactor latching coil is powerful enough to pull the contacts closed when energised. I suspect the NVR coil is only strong enough to hold the contacts once they have been closed mechanically by pressing the start button. If this is the case then the NVR would need to be replaced with a relay controlled via the thermal cutout.
Brian

PS I assume the Donjon unlatches on loss of power

Latest posts

Back