Do Lie-Nielsen know their marketplace?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I received the LN brochure from Axminster and whilst reading through it I fell about laughing at this, "The No 1 is an undoubted favourite with collectors for its polished body and handles".

OK, I'll get my coat. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil
well it is a bit cheaper than a stanley No1 about £1000 -£1500 I think :shock:

Hi Neil
well it is a bit cheaper than a stanley No1 about £1000 -£1500 I think :shock: , that is if you can find one

Neil
The #1 is very small and pretty much unusable. There is talk that it was made for small children or even as a marketing product. So (especially when you see the price of Stanley #1's) it really is for the collector instead of the user as (although perfectly usable) you need really, really small hands for it to be of use.
Cheers
Philly :D
User and sometimes collector

People do use #1s. And think about it, Stanley didn't make them for collectors. The price for a #1 wasn't hopelessly high at all (oh for that Time Machine..). The tote's not there to wrap you're fingers around; it's more to cup your palm round like you would a coffin smoother. The prototype recently acquired by a certain Canadian probably gives a better idea of the concept of the rear tote as a pad rather than something to grasp:

Stanley2.JPG

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back