3mm Bevel Edged Chisel - Really?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CStanford":2gdkfeft said:
These shop shots put Alan Peters' place to shame.

Yeah ... not enough tools on show! :lol:

Page 46 of Alan Peters' book ...

"My eagerness to install machinery .... I had no desire to live in poverty...".

He goes on to list 20 major machines.

Then with regard the chisels - he had all shown here, and more. The only ones he did not have were mortice chisels: "I have no use for mortice chisels or heavy firmer chisels where I cannot use the mortiser".

Now I am also aware that Alan Peters was a serious cyclist in his youth. I do not believe, however, that he had a brewery on the side. So it seems that he had more in common with Jacob than yourself. :lol:

Regards from Perth

Derek

My 'brewery' is a ten gallon capacity brew sculpture that easily cost less than a 1980's era used Unisaw. My recipes, though, are priceless in my humble opinion.

WOW David, that is certainly an impressive collection that you have there.

Looking at the very fine and enviable tools collections previously posted - and the very nicely made storage cabinets made for them - I'm reminded of a dilemma I've recently struggled with, unsuccessfully: should a storage cabinet include "room for expansion"?

I wonder if the cabinets shown used to contain such room - they don't seem to have a spare cm3 wasted now!

Is leaving room for expansion in one's tool cabinet an incitement/reminder to acquire yet more "indispensable" and "reasonably priced" hardware?

Cheers, W2S

PS I'd add a smiley but can't seem to make them work!

If I were you I would leave a little room for expansion, my cab was designed for the tools I had although i have purchased one or two since. You will undoutedly end up with a few more, so I guess the term , you can never have enough space, when it comes to woodworking is true for most of us.

Good luck with your build :D :D :D 8) :wink:

David

Bluekingfisher":3ja2vqbw said:
....... You will undoutedly end up with a few more, so I guess the term , you can never have enough space, when it comes to woodworking is true for most of us.

Good luck with your build :D :D :D 8) :wink:

David

Certainly does seem that it can be a slippery slope :)

Latest posts

Back