Difficulty finding a slotted stubby screwdriver with 10mm x 1.6mm blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I love your picture, Lon's. I had one of those in my Apple tree last night in front yard. Just as big. Broke a huge 6 inch round main branch by just pulling it down with a paw. To lazy to climb tree.
:ROFLMAO:
That photo was of a very close encounter near Jasper, a big male eating flowers was only at most 20 yards from me, my wife thinks I have a death wish, had an equally close one with a big bull hippo in South Africa.

We've been to Canada a couple of times, great experience. one of my favourite countries.
Hippo St Lucia.jpg
grizzly 1.jpg

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
That photo was of a very close encounter near Jasper, a big male eating flowers was only at most 20 yards from me, my wife thinks I have a death wish, had an equally close one with a big bull hippo in South Africa.

We've been to Canada a couple of times, great experience. one of my favourite countries.View attachment 166880View attachment 166882
I'd be much more afraid of that hippo ! I quess I chase enough bears out of my yard. Been to jasper many times. Lived in Banff and Canmore , now live an hour away in Windermere bc. Could never, not live in the mountains. A few weeks ago a tour group had a momma and baby grizzly follow them down a trail for 20 minutes. That would scare you!

As long as you don't come between mom and baby bear you're "usually" safe.

Years ago a chum was a fire warden (in a fire watch tower) in Alberta and often met bears when he went down to the local creek to get water. One occasion he met mom and baby coming towards him on one side of the traii; they just past him on the other side of the trail, while he stood/or slowly walked down his side of sed trail. On another, mom on one side and baby one the other. He just stood still until the two were on the same side and then all went on their way. Key thing is not to threaten the baby or get between it and mom.

I've seen brown bears simply shuffle off into the bush when they hear humans coming. And on one occasion on a rail at
Steamboat Springs in Colorado, well into sundown/twilight... I came around a bend in the trail and there was good sized honey coloured bear. (S)he just shrugged as if to say (B... it thery're still here, and rumbled back into the brush until I'd passed.

A solitary bear at feeding time (usually late afternoon) is a slightly different matter. Especially the grizzly, who are very territorial and best avoided. It the solitary bear is outnumbered it's likely to skoot if enough noise and more is made; but then not always.

Usually the most you'll see of a bear is its rear end as it skoots back into the brush, until everyone has gone and it's all clear...

Latest posts

Back