Dewalt 735x planer in the UK? Or alternative

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent-impact

Reaction score
Hi,
Anybody know why the 735x isn’t available in the UK?

looks like a really solid unit and like the idea of all 4 corners being geared to reduce snipe. In the states they are like $600 but you can’t get then here for some reason?

Don't know why it's taking so long to be available in the UK? perhaps just a marketing decision or compliance. It looks like a great machine but expensive. You can get it from an importer, but the price is high compared to what it costs in the US. ($549 on second visit to site). There is an interesting comparison of some of the common thicknessers here. I don't think having 4 corners geared reduces snipe?. I thought it was more related to the table height adjustment and the point where the wood is driven by just one roller, but still being cut. According to that review, when all the planer tables are set up, the snipe was virtually identical on all machines. The review also shows that the position of the snipe from the end of the wood is the same as the distance between the cutter head to roller, If you cut off the snipe, then you end up wasting more wood with the DeWalt 735.
The Triton TP 125 comes second to the DeWalt 735 in that review, but I don't think it would last as well if used a lot. The DeWalt looks like a very well engineered machine. The review doesn't apply the same weighting as I would, but it gives results so you can make your own decisions.

Back