delta 40 560

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john458

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Im looking for some advice if possible please. Our delta scroll saw upper blade support broke this afternoon. The casting where the tensioning cam goes through has sheared and im looking for a new one. Having searched the web it looks like i may have to get one from the US. What i would like to know is has anyone removed the support? It looks to be held in by a roll pin, could anyone advise on how to remove please? I dont want to use a drift as hammering against it may cause damage to the cast arm. Any suggestions greatly accepted, thank you.

Hi John.
I've removed roll pins from many machines in the past and some were scroll saw arms.
Yes, you are right in not wanting to damage the arm by trying to 'hammer' it out !
What I do is use a socket, slightly larger than the roll pin, and a very short bolt or similar which is slightly smaller in diameter than the roll pin to use as a ram/drift.
Position the socket around the roll pin opening on one side of the arm and the small bolt to act as a ram/drift on the roll pin on the opposite side.
Use a 'G' to clamp the socket and bolt together until they are all aligned.
Then simply tighten the clamp to force the roll pin out with no damage.

Hope this helps.

Scrollerman

Thanks for the tip, I used a bench vice rather than a g clamp but it acheived what i needed. Just waiting for the part to arrive from USA now !!!!

john458":2t78illh said:
Scrollerman

Thanks for the tip, I used a bench vice rather than a g clamp but it acheived what i needed. Just waiting for the part to arrive from USA now !!!!

john458":2t78illh said:
The parts came from USA in a week!! Fitted and working again so the Mrs is happy

Hi John. Really pleased for you and glad I was able to help.

I am intrigued as to why the Mrs is happy...Does she scroll too or does it get you out in the shed ? :roll:

Hi Scrollerman

The scroll saw is hers lol as is the compound mitre saw and band saw. Im more at home with a drill and a hammer.

Back