Delta 40-560 Type 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer&Rivet

Reaction score
Hi all an thanks in advance for being gentle with me 😀
I have a Delta 40-560 Type 2 and am very new to using a Scroll saw,
It’s in an ok condition a bit grubby and works fine on the low speed setting ( tried it once only )
However when you go to the faster speed there is a metallic smell and some smoke!
(Switched off instantly)
So my question is does there exist the old school repair man/shop that would have a look and possibly mend it🙏
believe me I have googled until I have finger cramp but still can’t find any local repair guy where I live Folkestone Kent
Information greatly appreciated 👍🙏🤘

I don't know this saw myself, and and you've probably already heard, although they seem to have a pretty good reputation, Delta scroll saws are about as rare as rocking hose manure just about everywhere in Europe. But one member here, I'm petty sure it's Lofty Hermes, has one or even 2.

So I suggest a search of his posts and if I'm correct then send him a PM to see if he can help.

FWIW, I think you are quite correct to have stopped using the machine with the smells, etc, you describe, and off the top of my head, it MAY be a motor problem. But much better to find someone who knows that particular machine, as above.

Good luck

Yes I have had 2 of these and 2 of the 540 variable speed machines over a 25 year period and have never encountered your problem. The only suggestion I can offer is to find another machine in good working order and keep this for spares (that's why I've had 4 over the years, picked them up for spares, just in case). The blade clamps on their own are as rare as hens teeth. As long as the motor lasts you could run the machine on the slow speed and still cut wood, just slower that's all and for intricate work is a blessing.

Back