Delta 40-530

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTeroo

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I won this little fella on eBay yesterday. £53.50

Seems ok, but I have a thousand questions :?

1. Is there any routine servicing I should do? Oiling etc

2. Should I do anything to the table/bed?

3. I ordered some blades, hope I chose the right ones?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311837095470?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

4. How do I change the blade? Access to the bottom part isn't very good. I have seen mentioned a blade wrench
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/blade-wrench-p-85616.html

This isn't available anymore. Do I need one?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 932
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 934
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 934
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 933
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 934
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 933
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 933
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 932
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 932
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 932
You can change the lower blade with a long-ish allen wrench and a screwdriver to hold the clamp still. I'm sure it's a 4mm allen key and a 5mm bar to hold the blade clamp still. (I can check mine if you like?)

I'm sure somebody on here made on for their saw... and if you cross their palm with silver.

Well done! looks a very solid saw and once you have oiled it etc it will be ideal.........another Delta owner on will please Naz no end! lol they do get great reviews so a good buy for ya.
The blades are ideal too I use them as do many others on here so good choice.

Cheers and look forward to your scrolling projects etc

Brian

Forgot to mention, give the table a good sanding with wet and dry paper and then wax it to protect it from rust and make your work slide on it easier.
For the rest just a clean up and lubricate any moving parts etc it looks very solid machine so its basically cosmetics if you want.
Cheers
Brian

Thank you!

I'll have a look at those tomorrow.

I'm a bit wary about changing the blade though because I can't find any silly person proof instructions for this model.

When the new blades arrive I will give it a go.

MrTeroo":22fb4fgy said:
Thank you!

I'll have a look at those tomorrow.

I'm a bit wary about changing the blade though because I can't find any silly person proof instructions for this model.

When the new blades arrive I will give it a go.

It should show you how to change blades in the manual :D as for silly person proof Naz has one so you should have no problem :D :lol: :lol: sorry about that Naz :lol:

Brian

+1 to what all the others said.

I don't know the machine myself (never even seen one before!) but it does look pretty substantial. I guess that provided it doesn't have a bent arm or something really bad like that (and it looks too big and heavy for that), then it will last you well.

Good buy, have fun with it mate.

AES

Back