CV

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Established Member
Reaction score
Does any kind bod out there know of a blank CV form I can download for my eldest lad to copy and fill in? he just wants a weekend job whilst in the sixth form, he has an interview with M&S this week, but if he has several forms filled out he can post them off to different companies.

Rich":1k0jfq3e said:
Does any kind bod out there know of a blank CV form I can download for my eldest lad to copy and fill in? he just wants a weekend job whilst in the sixth form, he has an interview with M&S this week, but if he has several forms filled out he can post them off to different companies.

Well theres plenty of advice about CV's on the net.

The best plan is KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid. 4 headings is all you need.

The first thing that hits your eye has to be a list of skills. If you dont catch there attention in the first 10 seconds you have already lost the job.

Then list all your jobs in reverse order current to first. Two sentances each - job title and short description. Enough information so that you whet the readers appetite but not so much that he doesnt need to ask questions. Getting the interviewer to ask questions is your cue to selling yourself!!

Then list your Qualifications, then your hobbies and interests.

Make it fit on one single sheet of paper. Dont use any weird fonts or colours. And remember that a CV has to be customised to enhance and emphasise those skills needed for that particular job its applying for. You cannot use one CV for every job, it needs to be rewritten every time.

Thanks chaps, I'll give your suggestions a go, as for experience, it's the chicken and the egg syndrome, he is only 17 and still at college.

Much obliged to you all and thanks for replying.

Regards,

Rich.

Rich,

just a thought, but attaching a photo to a CV really helps. Increases the chances of being interviewed, apparently, and increases the chance of being remembered by the interviewer after the interview is over. I am going through the same thing with my daughter at the moment.

The other big tip is that there should be a hand-written covering letter with the CV. Anyone can type, or get someone to do it for them, but a hand-written letter says a lot more about a person.

Good luck!

Mike

Thanks Mike 2 GOOD tips, I'll pass them on to my eldest.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

Rich.

Latest posts

Back